Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Solo Seat for XVS 650. (Danny Gray )

Discussion in 'Cruisers' started by Randall, Aug 19, 2013.

1. I`ve modified my stock seat by removing the vinal and reshaping the foam to fit my back end :) Worked pretty well but there is not enough vinal to stretch into the new "deep Dish" shape I have sculpted and to re-upholster is going to cost 200AUD.
    I met a fellow rider at work the other day and he sang the praises of the Danny Gray Big Seat available from the States. (Refer to supporting photo). You will notice the "double dish" shape of the seat with large butt holders :) I`m not a large rider, (85 kgs) but the deep dish that the Danny Gray seat has is very close to what I have shaped by hand with the old stock seat.
    I only have one refence for these seats and have ordered one from Cruiser Customizing in the States for around the 280AUD delivered to my door.
    Question is, have any Netriders purchased one and what is your opinion of the shape for comfort? Any discussion would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Looks good Randall, May provide some lower back / coccyx support as well...

Closest Ive come to a seat design like that was on the Vulcan 900 I tried the other day... similar seat.
  3. Thanks Marty....I also have a drivers backrest installed that is invaluable. It feels good on a trip to lock yourself into the backrest and relax with awesome support. It works for me. IMG_1820.JPG
  4. Backrest looks good ! Closer to an armchair on wheels now :p

I'll be laughing at myself next month for not having something similar ... Going to give the airhawk a run see how it goes for my haul ....