Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] Triumph Daytona 675

Discussion in 'Archived' at netrider.net.au started by CraigA, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 CraigA, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
    Time to sell my 2009 Daytona 675.
    I love it but I am starting to feel really old when I get off it so it might be time to get onto something a little more upright.
    I purchased this bike with 8500 klm on it and it now has just under13000klm
    It has the following tasteful mods:
    Triumph Quickshifter
    Arrow Slip-on
    Carbon fibre exhaust heat shield and fairing infill panels
    ASV levers
    Techspec tank grip pads
    Single seat conversion for cheaper rego
    Just serviced it myself last week , so fresh oil and filter, etc.
    Rego until December.
    $10,500 ONO
    [/ATTACH]

DSC02055 [1280x768].JPG
    DSC02054 [1280x768].JPG DSC02051 [1280x768].JPG DSC02053 [1280x768].JPG

2. Ooooh...very nice looking steed !
    Good luck with your sale.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks mate.
    It really is a great bike and I will miss it if/when it sells.

4. what year? im 51 i wouldnt sell mine if my wife's life depended on it

5. Its a 2009 model.

6. hmmm mines a 10 yours is cleaner and has a third of the ks but mines red sooo i win

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. #8 CraigA, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
    Yes the ks are low and it is clean. I have only put on 5000klm in the 18 months I have had it.
    Between work/other commitments, my two kids and wife and the fact that there is no where decent to ride up here within about 3-4 hours, my riding is almost exclusively done on holidays when I take it down to the Sunshine coast and Brisbane areas and hit the hinterland two or three times a year. A different style of bike would make more sense where I live. I'm thinkng a supermoto or even adventure bike. Heaps of dirt roads around.
    I have done 600klm since the add was put up in the week I have had it down the coast including one 400klm day ( took me three days to recover from the leg cramping and strains). Trouble is, now that I just bought it back to Mackay ( today) it will be lucky to get 50klm a week. Just a lack of good roads plus other shit to take up my time means not much riding.

As for you winning, LOL, ok then. You and Charlie Sheene! Both winning!

8. Pointed someone this direction. He should buy it because he wants a 13 but they are ugly and have a side exit pipe.

• Like Like x 2
  9. LOL.

Can't argue with that.
    These pre 13 bikes are not too hard on the eye though. Lots of head turning and people asking about it.

10. They are the best shape as far as I'm concerned and you're asking a good price. Wish the woman would allow 2 in the shed

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks mate.
    I wasn't sure, but I'd like to think that with the addition of the Arrow and the Quickshifter, I have it priced about right so I appreciate the feedback.

12. un fortunately after market parts dont really equate to higher selling price
    i think youve got a great bike there and some one will give it a new home

13. #14 CraigA, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
    I agree that you cant add extra money that the mods have cost you to the price and expect someone to fork out the full amount ( IE $3K in mods so wack on $3K to the asking price), but I believe some mods do make the bike more desirable so can attract a slightly higher price to the right buyer. Especially in this case a Daytona with the Arrow and the quickshifter would be something that may interest potential buyers.

My thinking goes something like this:
    All other things being equal, if it was a choice between mine for the asking price and a stock standard one for $500 less, if you had planned to get a quickshifter and Arrow slip on anyway which one would you pick?

14. dont get me wrong i agree with you

15. Don't get me wrong but uncle Greg's bike does look good in red :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. Having seen this bike several times I can personally vouch for the condition of it and it's head turning ability.

• Like Like x 1
  17. #18 CraigA, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
    It gets lots of looks as long as I dont happen to be riding with someone on a bright red Ducati, hey Rob! LOL

18. oh so thats why its a low k bike lol

19. I've seen plenty of people giving your bike attention, I mean Red Ducat's are ten a penny :) .

Back on topic, if anyone is in the market for a Daytona then look at this one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.