Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[SOLD][SYD & NSW Sthn Highlands] 2006 Z1000 - $9,900

Discussion in 'Archived' started by adinfinitum, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2006 black Kawasaki Z1000
    Excellent condition
    Braided front lines
    Rizoma Italian Billet mirrors
    Rizoma Italian Billet grips
    Tail Tidy
    LED Blinker conversion

Located near Camden NSW. Bike in perfect condition - selling because of impending family addition :-({|=

$9,900 - offers considered.

PM me for phone number. I'll get some better photos shortly (also see my garage).

2. price drop

Any last offers from Forum members before I go to BikePoint?
  3. Tempted. I test rode one of these 2 weeks ago, and I thought it was crap. Compared to the VFR800, the Z1000 had no tourque, and bugger all power until you absolutely rang it's neck... and even then, it didn't feel like a thou should....

Maybe I should test ride a different one this weekend and see if it's any different. Can you comment on what the power feels like to you? The one I rode, the seller seemed dodgy, so it may have been in poor condition.... dunno...
  4. Hi F.A.T.

If you're comparing it to you VFR, then torque will be lower, particularly <6000rpm. Naturally your V4 config is designed for torque.

The real beauty of the zthou is >6000 and again >9000. The power curve is huge and highly exillerating. I love the Z once I learned it's power bands but of course, I'm slowing down in my old age and am thinking of something more cruiser-like.

I got pulled over a couple of weeks ago on Razorback and decided the Z is no fun unless it's being illegal :wink:
  5. i might consider a swap with cash adjustment but if your after a sale only then i must walk away.
    always wanted one of these things.. just gold
  6. No swapsies, thanks anyway [-X

If you're talking about the ER6 - That's my wife's bike and I'll be using that for myself pending my own newbie.
  7. fair enough.. ill just have to go get a new one.. :p
  8. GONE

Sold yesterday through this forum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.