Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] Shark Speed-R Carbon Skin, Helmet (L)

Discussion in 'Archived' at netrider.net.au started by ajiribarren, Sep 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 ajiribarren, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2015
    Up For sale a practically new, slightly used (4-5 times) Shark Speed – R Helmet Carbon Skin in Large. $200 o.b.o <mod-edit>
    Ok, so before anyone yells “Heresy! You shouldn’t sell a used helmet” hear me out first, and after I answer some common question you might have, you can draw your own conclusions.

Q: “Why are you selling it?”

A: Just a matter of fit. It doesn’t fit my head as I expected.

Q:”…but, didn’t you try it at the store?”

A: Yes I did, but not for long. You see, it was an impulse buy (went to buy a pinlock insert for my current helmet, saw the Shark at a reasonable price, and ended up buying the helmet and not the pinlock). I did try it in the store, but only a couple of minutes, and since I had Shark Helmets in the past I thought “Yup, this will do”

Q: “Has it been dropped or abused?”

A: Not at all, has been lightly used, not even broken in I reckon. I don’t commute on the bike and haven’t had a lot of time in the past months to even ride the bike.

Q: “Should I believe you?”

A: Yes, but I’m biased. I’m happy to have any interested party inspect the helmet as thoroughly as they want, and if not convinced, we part our separate ways.

Q: ”Isn’t there a risk of buying a used helmet?”

A: Yes, I understand. That is why I’m more than happy to let you inspect the helmet to your contempt, and I have priced it accordingly (54% less than the closeout price I paid) because of the perceived risk.

Q: “Did you modify it in any way?”

A: No. No stickers, camera mounts or any permanent modification. For a while it had a Sena SMH10 installed, but it used a clamp (no adhesive), and I use earphones instead of speakers, so no changes in any way. On my last time wearing it I tried adding small pieces of close-cell foam to see if it fit around the crown, but didn’t get anywhere. Hence the reason for selling, I’ve given up.

Now, the facts:

- RRP was $599. I bought it for $439 on April 10th, 2015 at Bikebiz in Granville. Will include the invoice for any warranty related issues.

- It comes with a warranty registration card, never used, with a serial number. Also a CD that I assume is the user manual, and a hex key for adjusting the visor holding mechanism.

- It has a drop down visor (main reason for me buying it). Also, provisions for installing speakers of an intercom system.

- It came with a Pinlock insert, currently installed in the visor.

Attached some photos. If interested, please shout me a PM. But please, no time wasters. Being a popular model, you can try one in most stores and determine if it’s the right size.

Happy to answer any more questions.
    IMG_20150906_170336459_zps5nkajufq.
    IMG_20150906_170328207_zpsirlukhsz.
    IMG_20150906_170349825_zpsmztzt3ed.
    IMG_20150906_170359483_zpsfi2uaray.

2. if you were near me I'd be trying this puppy out... I miss my last Shark and am not having much love for my current HJC emergency replacement...

GL with the sale, awesome price!

3. You forgot the most important question:

Q: How does it smell after you heads been stuck in it? :p

4. I really shouldn't be buying another helmet as I already have one and I'm not currently working but I kind of hate my current helmet. I might be interested & I wear a size L helmet so maybe this helmet will fit me. Send me a private message with your contact number & time you prefer to be called & I will give you a buzz.

5. ... and SOLD! Thanks for looking!

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.