Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] Pirelli Supercorsa SC

Discussion in 'Archived' started by dima, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 dima, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    Top of the range Pirelli sport tyres (SC2 compound)

120/70 Front, 180/60 Rear

Used, after 1 PI, 2 Broadford track days.
    Looks like 80% on the left, 90% middle and ~50% right.

RRP (brand new): $650.
    Price: $350

IMG_20150119_202706. IMG_20150119_202632. IMG_20150119_202523. IMG_20150119_202508.
  2. Why are you selling the SC2 Theyd do another day surely? I'm surprised you're getting so many days out of a set I normally have a pair shagged after 1 and a half track days with a change in between
  3. They will definitely last at least one full-on track day with heavy rights (like Broadford) and at least two with heavy lefts (such as PI).

Absolutely outstanding tyres, huge amount of grip (especially on 60 profile).
    No problems with them whatsoever and pretty much new (in terms of life and heat cycles).

The problem with them (or rather with me) is that they degrade quickly past some point and I don't want to get caught by that mid day and waste a track day.

So early before that happens I'm getting a new set and trying to recover some cost by selling these.

I know, I know - paranoia :)
  4. Have you ever tried pushing that little bit further after you feel the degrade?
  5. No, not really. I'm not sure I want to.
  6. I don't want to be rude but it is quite possible that the drop off is something that your head is telling you. Looking at the tyre wear I don't think you'd have a drama doing a complete day. Does PI offer tyre fitting at all. I know my private days didn't. If so take a set with you
  7. You're not rude at all mate.

It's all in the head :(

But I would be at Broadford (right heavy), not PI. While it's going to last at least one full day, I'd rather sell this set and have newer one for the 4th track day.

Also it's too big distraction for me to change the tyres during the track day (even with fitting available).

If I won't sell it, then this set will be perfect for PI when I'll do it and will even out the wear a bit.
  8. Sold. Pending pick up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.