Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] OEM Gel Seat Ninja 1000 ABS

Discussion in 'Archived' started by drjay555, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all
    I have a set of OEM gel seats (front and pillion) for a 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS model, in almost brand new condition for sale. AUD 160 with free postage
    RRP around 260.
    pm if interested.

2. How much better than the stock seat are these
  3. Definitely way better. I had to modify the stock seat cushion as they hurt on long rides and use an airhawk as well. These are much better made and way more comfy.

4. if they're so good, how come youre selling?
  5. He got rid of the bike.
  6. Rightly so. Did give up the Ninja for a Speed Triple.
  7. shit yeah I remember now, that beauty gold triple!!my apologies, so did the jel seats make that much of a difference? reason I ask, was considering a sergeant seat for mine
  8. hi . the gel seat is better than the OEM seat which did feel hard on the inner upper thigh. I had shaved the OEM seat foam to give it a more rounded shape and added a layer of thin softer sponge which did make it better. The gel seat has a more rounded profile and better for a couple of hundred k's at a stretch. Have no idea of the Sargent seat, haven't seen one for a ninja tho' I know they are available.

check this link out

9. #9 goddie, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
    And was your bike the Z1000 or Ninja 1000 ABS? one is naked the other sports tourer different seats I believe

Let me know as I have the ABS Ninja 1000. interested in seats.
  10. my bike was the Ninja 1000. The difference between the two is the fuel tank size, I believe.
  11. The price for the Gel seat is about 270 AUD.
    Am selling mine for 160.00 with free postage. The seats are practically new.
  12. would you take $150 for them? if so pm me your bank details and I'll move the money tonight
  13. Sorry mate. Item's been sold.
  14. ok too thanks anyway
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.