Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] Honda CB400 2010, $5000

Discussion in 'Archived' at netrider.net.au started by paul09, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 paul09, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    - 2010 non-ABS model
    - LAMS
    - 22380km
    - Have logbook+receipts, it is due for a service now though, last one was at 16258km
    - New rear tyre 11/4/13 Michelin Pilot Road 3
    - New battery 22/10/2013 Yuasa YTZ10S/$229
    - Screaming demon slip-on exhaust with removable baffle, also still have the factory standard exhaust
    - Rego due 24/12/2013
    - Purchased from Peter stevens in the city 03/2012

Planning to trade this in if it doesn't sell within a month or so, possibly less, reason being I am off restrictions and it's time to move to something bigger :)

Factory battery died at an unfortunate time haha, I replaced it 22/10/13 with a new Yuasa YTZ10S (same model as OEM, cost $229) and have receipt with warranty from Battery World in Wantirna.

I'll be honest with you, it's due for a service literally now (6000km intervals) and it's a major service, I've been told valve clearances or something and to expect a cost of around $800 total for the service, so keep that in mind, I am pricing accordingly.

Apart from that it's an awesome bike, always starts and runs perfectly, I use it to ride up the freeway to uni and it has been great for reliable, cheap and enjoyable commuting.

The pipe on it sounds pretty epic - awesome crackling/popping on overrun, and when VTEC kicks in it sounds great, there's a very clear distinction in exhaust notes before and after VTEC (around 7000rpm). Have a baffle that can be put in if you prefer it quieter, I also have the stock exhaust if you prefer whisper quiet :p All will be included with the bike.

Never been dropped, looks great.

Pics:
    lywvAnu.

7B9I8kX.

had7Mfi.

0b8xxwi.

Price: $5000

Contact: PM me on here, or 0423303349 (prefer text - often unable to pick up calls, but if you leave a voicemail I'll call back when I can)

No roadworthy on it but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't pass, especially once the service is done, I just can't be bothered/don't have time, hence my preference to trade it in.

Interstate buyers welcome, I love long drives and I have a trailer, would be happy to trailer it to adelaide or sydney (or anywhere in between) for just the cost of petrol, further destinations by negotiation. :)

2. Sold, traded in on a street triple :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.