Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] HJC IS-17 Helmet

Discussion in 'Archived' started by DonJuan, Dec 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 DonJuan, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    HJC IS-17 used but OK for use.

Selling as my wife bought me the Shoei GT-Air I've always wanted.

Never dropped, no marks. Visor slighty scratched from day-to day use and only issue is drop down visor mechanism has had the tiny tab broken off so you can't use the visor without sticking your key into it to get the visor down.

Comes with Pinlock insert, second drop down visor and helmet bag.

Retail price: $359 at bikebiz

Selling for $100

Size L for Large

Pick-up of drop-off around Melbourne preferred as postage will cause me headaches.

HJC Website information:
    Advanced Polycarbonate Composite Shell:
    Lightweight, superior fit and comfort using advanced CAD technology.
    One-touch Integrated SunShield: Smoke-tinted 3-stage adjustable SunShield deploys quickly and easily.
    Optically-superior Pinlock®-prepared Faceshield: New 3D design provides 95% UV protection, anti-scratch coating and is prepared for the ultimate anti-fog Pinlock insert.
    RapidFire™II shield replacement system: Simple and secure shield ratchet system provides ultra-quick, tool less removal and installation for efficient operation.
    Glasses Groove can accommodate riders who wear glasses.
    SuperCool® Moisture-wicking Interior:
    Anti-bacterial, removable and washable.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bump

Price reduction, now $80
  3. How used is used?
    Any scratches on the visor?
  4. Interested. I'm looking for a helmet for a pillion. Size "L" can vary between helmet brands - do you know what it is in cm.
  5. Nicholai_ChevNicholai_Chev , it has some light scratches on the visor, didn't stop me seeing clearly. Hard to show in pictures

ReturnedReturned , not sure of the cm size, will look when I get a chance. It isn't as tight as the GT-Air but is the same as my old Shark S900C.
  6. ReturnedReturned , not sure of the cm size, will look when I get a chance. It isn't as tight as the GT-Air but is the same as my old Shark S900C.[/QUOTE]

Run a tape measure around head. Just need approximate. Thanks.
  7. I'm a 58 and the helmet is 59-60.
  8. Thanks for the measurement. May be bit too large.
  9. Hi ReturnedReturned,
    What I've since found out is that if you wanted to, rather than washing the helmet linings, you can buy different sized cheek pads etc for a tighter fit.
    Unless you pillion is sized M?
  10. SOLD - Please close/delete thread
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.