Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] CBR1000RR 2008

Discussion in 'Archived' started by vpajic, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 vpajic, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
    ***PRICE DROP****

SELLING FOR $9,500

Hi Netrider's,

Up for sale is my 08 CBR1000RR.

As an engineer working in the mining industry here, I was just recently informed that I was being made redundant :( . With barely any savings to my name, I've decided to go live overseas with my parents and family in Europe (no rent and minimal bills) while I wait for work to go up again here in Aus or Europe.

Only had the bike since January and am genuinely sad to let it go, it's my dream bike and what I've been working towards owning my whole biking life! Anyway:

Price: $10,500
    KMs: 16700
    REGO: Paid until 23rd Feb 2014

Extras: Bike is completely stock except for:

Braided front and rear brake lines
    K&N Air and Oil filter installed recently
    Rear Seat cowl (have rear seat as well)
    MGP Exhaust - Currently have stock exhaust fitted as I only intended on using the MGP exhaust for track days as it's too loud for the street.

++Brand new Power Pure tyre fitted to the rear yesterday (29/05)

I am flying out on a one way ticket on the 30th of June, after that I will leave the bike with one of my netrider buddies.

Photo ( includes akra exhaust that I have since removed and sold):

Will post more photos soon:
    cbr1000. bike 2.
  2. Sorry to hear about your job.

I had an 09, purchased new off the showroom floor. Tried all the superbikes and this came out on top.

Very light and small, smaller and lighter than my 04 CBR600RR. Has best midrange of all the superbikes which is what you use the most. Lacks a bit of top end, but only noticed that when I came onto the straight at phillip island and there was a BMW s1000RR that I'd overtaken a corner before coming past me.

Needless to say, I overtook them again in the next few corners.

Good luck with the sale.
  3. Cheers mate.

I totally agree, with respect to ergonomics, the bike feels as light and nimble as a 600cc bike. I often had some of my buddies sit on the bike and they couldnt believe it was a 1000 at first. Low end and midrange was a blast, it was the perfect weapon coming out of corners!!
  4. Got a 2012 and the same thing happens to me around Hidden Valley, S1000 comes flying past on the straight, but I have to give the rider credit, he's no slouch in corners either. Midrange is wicked. Funny how the Ducati riders seem to be scared of scratches....

vpajic, I hope you sell mate, if I was on the market for a bike I'd be onto that one.
  5. Alright netrider's, to be fair, when i initially posted this i really didnt want to sell it, ive tried exploring other options for keeping it but no luck. Here it is, down a grand to $9,500, pm me if interested!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.