Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] Bell RS-1 Helmet

Discussion in 'Archived' started by Beams, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selling my almost new Bell RS-1 helmet in Gloss Black size large

I purchased this with my first bike less than a month ago (the 23rd of July to be precise). Bike was delivered last week, so I wore it for the first time last weekend and I am getting headaches as a result of pressure from the right side of my head. First timer / amateur mistake: tried the helmet on at the shops, but didn’t leave it on long enough for any discomfort to come up. I am pretty keen to ride so I’ve purchased a new helmet (tried on properly this time!) so this has to go

• As new condition - worn for about 1 hour. I’ve done maybe 20kms in it practicing turns and stops in the local car park
    • Never been dropped, been lovingly handled (which has been almost sickening to watch according to on lookers)
    • There’s a hairline scratch on the top and some 0.5 x 0.5 mm chips which I can’t explain, especially when I’ve been so cautious

Receipt from Peter Stevens for any warranty issues

Original box and manuals / sick Bell sticker

The plastic film that goes on the visor (which I can put back if you want to reenact the satisfying peeling off feeling that comes with buying a new helmet)

Size is large, which suits a 58-59 cm head according to Bell

DOT / Snell approved / certified. Helmet and visor certified under Australian Standards

I am based in Endeavour Hills, Victoria, I am happy to post but ONLY if you are 100% certain this will fit your head. Either you’ve tried one on at the shops or already own a Bell product. Want to avoid someone going through what happened to me.

After $300 which I think is reasonable given the amount of use. These retail at $470 and are great helmet. I know you’re not supposed to purchase a second hand helmet, but there would be helmets being sold as new at the shops that have been tried on and “used” longer than this one.

PS. I know, I should have asked the store attendee more questions, tried it on for longer etc. I know that I can use a spoon and massage out the area that’s given my some discomfort. Flame me privately, I am just after a quick sale guys.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. Sold - thanks guys!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.