Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] Aldi 'Torque' leather jackets (L) & (S)

Discussion in 'Archived' started by Marvin K Mooney, Aug 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Marvin K Mooney, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    I have two of these jackets. Both only worn a few times. My girlfriend (occasional pillion) bought the 'large' one, then downsized to a 'small' for a better fit. They are both in excellent condition - the 'small' one has been worn more than the large (because I borrowed it for a week) but they're both in E.C.

These are the jackets that Aldi sells periodically when they offer motorcycle gear for sale. They have a (removable) back protector, zip-in liner, zips at the back for ventilation, an internal pocket and four external pockets, YKK zips etc. They're made of buffalo hide, apparently. Unusual but seems like a thick, heavy-duty leather. In my view, a bit OTT for the occasional pillion ride around town, which is why we're selling them. They seem, to me, to be a proper touring type jacket.

Retail at Aldi for around $100, from memory. Will sell each for $40 (or $70 for both).

(Richmond, Melbourne)

Attached Files:

2. Do they have any shoulder or elbow armour?
  3. They do have some padding in the shoulders and elbows. It is not 'hard armour' but is reasonably rigid, from memory (but not uncomfortable in the way that some hard armour can be).

I think it is pretty much this same jacket (with some minor styling differences) that will go on sale this weekend. Aldi states it has CE1621 certified elbow, shoulder and back protectors. I don't know if they have changed the specifications at all, but the jackets I have were purchased in the last 12 months or so. My guess is it's pretty much the same jacket.

4. Does it have zips to attach to pants?
  5. Yep, there's a small zip at the rear of the jacket. You can see it in one of the photos.
  6. Size large jacket has been SOLD. Size small only remaining.
  7. I would be interested in the size small jacket, can it fits for a girl who measures roughly 160 cm and slim ?
  8. Hmm, not too sure. The measurements are on the tags shown in the pic's - might help. My girlfriend is slim but taller at around 176cm. The larger jacket is actually cut for a female - didn't realise - and fits her better than the size small, which is tailored for a regular male. My feeling is both will be too big for you around the shoulders etc - that's where my GF has issues. It all depends what you can put up with though. It's not much $ for a good leather jacket. You can try them on if you like. Large one didn't sell after all, as guy who bought it couldn't fit into it. Cheers
  9. #9 crocodil18, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2015
    the large one for female would be good I think I just check the measurements written on the tag on your pic and I let you know

that's ok for me I take the female large one. Can I pick it up tomorrow ?
  10. Ok. I'm at work today (Friday). You could collect on the weekend, though, if suits.
  11. Both jackets now sold , ta for interest!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.