Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] 2012 Honda Tourer

Discussion in 'Archived' at netrider.net.au started by jayray, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Guys,

Ive just recently returned from a 6 week, 5336 mile, trip of a lifetime lap of Europe. I purchased a 2012 Honda Crossrunner for the two-up tour which I am now offering for sale for anyone also looking to complete a similar trip. The bike is currently located in Edinburgh, Scotland, but can be delivered to London or any other nominated UK address.

I am lucky enough to have a mate who is a mechanic with 20+ years’ service for the biggest Honda/Triumph dealership in Edinburgh. Having this contact allowed me to obtain a very low mileage bike in near showroom condition, and minimised the hassle and potential dodgy deals of trying to buy a bike in the UK from abroad. Having completed my tour I can now pass the baton to the next Aussie wanting to ride the trip of a lifetime with the same minimal hassle.

The Crossrunner provided us an incredible experience and proved to be the ideal bike for the tour. I didn’t necessarily want an armchair ride but the bike still had to be comfortable enough for two up riding over an extended period of time. The Crossrunner offered both agility and excitement in the twisties and mammoth mountain passes but enough comfort to keep my #1 pillion happy. The VFR800 V4 engine is extremely economical under 6000rpm when it is only running on 2 valves per cylinder and, considering the high price of fuel in Europe, allowed cheap long distance travel. But open the engine up over 6000rpm and the V4 roars to life with 4 valves per cylinder, an addictive power surge and a satisfying growl from the exhaust. On numerous occasions my girlfriend went for a spa etc and I removed the topbox and panniers and set off for a solo blat through the mountain passes, something that you can’t do on the big armchair tourers.

Details of the bike:

2012 Honda VFR800XB Crossrunner Black
    Under full Honda warranty until July 2014
    Odometer: 6269 miles (I purchased with 933 miles on the clock)
    Honda Factory Top box 31L (with Pillion Upper Pad) and Side Panniers 29L each (cost $2500)
    Honda Factory Top Box and Pannier Inner Bags (cost $215)
    C-ABS Brakes (Combined Anti-Lock Braking System)
    21.5 litre tank capable of over 215 miles (345+km)
    Main centre stand
    Rear carrier with pillion grabs
    Full service history (located with me in Australia)
    Original Honda Service & Warranty Booklet (located with me in Australia)
    Original Honda Owner’s Manual (located with me in Australia)
    Near New Metzeler rear tyre (only traveled from Paris to London)
    Oxford Nemesis Chain, 16mm links and shackle, 1.5m long (paid $240, this chain is seroiusly secure!)
    GPS mount

Price: $9,900 ono

The bike was run in by the first owner and received its first service at 717 miles. I then organised an additional service before my trip at 933 miles. The next service is due at 10,000 miles.

I spent much time researching Green Card insurance (the minimum requirement for travel in Western Europe) and comprehensive insurance. I obtained both for my trip and can offer extensive advice as to how and where to purchase.

We finished the ride in London and I had the bike delivered back to Edinburgh. The bike can either be collected from Edinburgh or I can organise delivery back to London for £160. Other destinations can be quoted.

I can also include my TomTom Rider for $390 with full Europe maps (current edition, purchased April 2013 for $100), NZ and Australian maps.

If you have any queries or would like to discuss any aspects of the bike please feel free to email me at jono@backstreetmotorcycles.com.au or call me on 0422 556 944

2. #2 jayray, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
    IMG_9772.JPG IMG_9766.JPG some pics!

3. Holy shit balls, it's Mark Webber on a bike!

In all seriousness, good luck with the sale - and that pic of the Stelvio has just required a change of pants! (y)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ha! I get that all the time!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.