Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Discussion in 'Archived' started by Peppy, Jul 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey Folks,

For sale is a 2009 Ninja 250, ~30 000 km old. Asking $3650. Registered until September dms_bike copy. dms_bike_2 copy. dms_bike_3 copy. dms_bike_4 copy. dms_bike_6 copy.

Maintenance Record:

I've owned the bike since ~4000km mark, and did an oil + filter change when I received it, and every 6000 km thereafter or better. (oil and filter, each time). I've done minor servicing myself and major servicing has been done by people better skilled than me. at 12000 km it had valves checked and spark plugs replaced by the former Sharptune Kawasaki. The 24000km major service (including head stem bearing lubricate + swingarm service) was done by 60 degrees a couple months ago. Chain + Sprockets were replaced at ~25000km.

+Diablo Rosso II, with plenty of tread remaining.

Things different than stock:
    +90 degree valve stems
    +Adjustable levers (stock included with sale)
    + extra 2 teeth on the rear sprocket.

Most of the use has been exploring country roads, though in the last six months some commuting has been mixed in with weekend riding. Never given me any problems

Small scratch on tank from iron filings that found themselves on tank bag magnets after hanging it on a fence. Shallow scratches and may be fixed, but never looked into it. otherwise great. Didn't have the misfortune of dropping or crashing in my limited riding career (2yrs)

Last oil change was done today, as were the pictures. if you want the VIN for stolen / writeoff info I'm happy to provide that information upon request.

Let me know via PM if you're interested. If you're not a member of the form email at smidy578@hotmail.com (I check it less regularly than here).

Thanks for your interest!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Good luck with the sale...

So what's on the upgrade list? :D
  3. Hey Blackadder, good to hear from you.

A Versys 650 seems to tick lots of boxes right now;
    (2up, fuel range, gravel road friendly but also good for twisties and reasonably comfy)

Open to suggestions though...
  4. I'm really shit at suggesting bikes...

I suggest the KTM 1190 Adv R. Wonderful thing
  5. Way outta my price range, but looks amazing!
  6. Accepted deposit today, expect to have finalized sale before Friday and will update thread accordingly.
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.