Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] 2008 Yamaha WR450F

Discussion in 'Archived' started by noodle, Jun 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello All, $6200, drive away, including RWC, rego HG188, you can check for vic road records

message me here in this forum for details
    For inspections, I will only arrange a meeting near by my place (Craigieburn, VIC), only after payment is made, I will show you the rest of the spares parts, wheels and tires, I've had a motorcycle stolen from my house before, so, I will not revile the location of the bike without payment.

This is my adventure touring motorcycle project that got started but never eventuated due to my newborn child, got no time to do my own things now.

I started to build this bike 15 months ago, bought safari tanks, road legal tires, trailtech lights, new stator, new rectifier, new exhausts, right now it can do more than 500km once you fill it up, but you might need to change the oil after 2 fill ups, recommend changing the oil every 1000km's

ok, here is the specs,

2008 model, Yamaha WR450F, it has done 3500km's, serviced regularly by Evolution yamaha Epping, all the upgrade bits were fitted by them too.

It has

25.5 L front safari tank (currently not installed) havn't had the need to go that far, it's extra weight too
    15L rear safari tank, installed, before this, it can only do 90km's in the bush, now at least double that.

pair of excel rims, with dunlop knobbies 90% new, as spares.
    another pair of 80% new knobbies included in the sale
    right now has excel rims with dunlop D605's road legal tires, 90% road 10% off road I believe

hel front brake Braided cable
    extra large brake rotors at the front and rear on the road wheels (installed in 2015)
    trailtech 130w stator , installed in 2014 October
    trailtech recitifer , installed in 2014 October
    traitech head lights , installed in 2014 October
    aluminium throttle tube
    aluminium handle bar
    stage 2 hot air intake
    FMF jetting kit installed, installed in 2014 October
    boyesen stage 2 hot start kit, installed in 2014 October

FMF megabomber header
    FMF ti powercore exhaust

2 x safari tanks + original tanks

so, as you can see, I've spent more than $3500 buying these parts and upgrading the bike.

This bike would make a great rally bike, or if you dont mind the servicing, you can tour with this bike around Australia, cross the desert or something, (that was my dream)

2. willing to trade for a
    1. Suzuki Burgman
    2. Yamaha TMAX
    3. Yamaha Vstar 650
  3. without the safari tanks, and 2nd set of wheels, $5000 ride away!
    here are some photos
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.