Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] 2008 Yamaha R6 $8800

Discussion in 'Archived' started by alexjkoro, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 alexjkoro, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
    Hey guys, selling the R6 as I'm currently at uni and finding it difficult to keep the car and the bike.

REG is 1F5TZ and expires January 2014
    VIN is JYARJ15418A000144
    KMS is around 17,000
    COLOUR Graphite

Happy for you guys to check the status. It's not written off and has a clear title.

I've been riding it a bit over a year on a regular basis, including some rainy days when I get caught out. This is a very quick bike, but it handles like a LAMS. The '08 model was re-designed from the '06-'07 and it has a few more horses, different gear ratios and higher top speed, although you'll probably never get there unless you track it.

She starts first time every time and has never given me a single issue. The services were done with Steve at Southeast Motorcycles, and in his words, whoever is buying it is purchasing a quality bike.

As the bike currently stands she has the following fitted:
    - GYTR slip-on
    - R6 handles
    - ASV short levers
    - bazzaz EXUP eliminator
    - K&N air filter
    - carbon look sliders
    - swing-arm spools
    - tinted front screen
    - fender eliminator
    - power commander V (not tuned)
    - flush mount front indicators

All the standard bits will come with the bike and RWC will be done for the right buyer. All books and service receipts will be provided as well as the spare key and the red key.

The general condition is good, she has a couple of minor scratches on the body. The previous owner had a minor drop which resulted in a couple of the panels being scratched, but I replaced the right hand side fairing, which had the majority of the damage, with a genuine part.

I also have a RJAYS swing-arm stand that will come with the bike and if the full asking price is paid at your request I will also throw in a Dainese Racing leather jacket (size EU52, RRP AU$699).

And on-to the pictures:

[​IMG] IMG_0433 by alexjkoro, on Flickr

[​IMG] IMG_0432 by alexjkoro, on Flickr

[​IMG] IMG_0431 by alexjkoro, on Flickr

[​IMG] IMG_0429 by alexjkoro, on Flickr

[​IMG] IMG_0428 by alexjkoro, on Flickr

[​IMG] IMG_0427 by alexjkoro, on Flickr

[​IMG] IMG_0426 by alexjkoro, on Flickr

[​IMG] dainese_racing_jacket_red_zoom by alexjkoro, on Flickr
  2. photos broken buddy boy
  3. photos fixed
    • Like Like x 1
  4. If this was like 4 months later I'd be all over it :( good luck with the sale mate!
  5. Possibly interested in the jacket if you'll separate?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. wont separate, sorry, will only give it away with the purchase of the bike, i love this jacket
  7. bike sold! :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.