Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] 2008 Suzuki GS500

Discussion in 'Archived' at netrider.net.au started by phojomark, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SOLD [Melb] 2008 Suzuki GS500 for sale

Restrictions are up this month, so it's time to let the beast move to a new home.

It's a 2008 Suzuki GS500 naked, purchased new in October 2008. Asking $5400 ono.

It's in excellent condition, and was great bike to get me back into riding after a six year break. It'll make a great first bike, commuter or larger LAMS tourer, which is pretty much what I used it for. 20lt tank gives well over a 400km range.

- 19,100 kms
    - Rego to October 2010 + RWC
    - Megacycle slip on exhaust - sounds fantastic! (original will also come with the bike)
    - Oggy knobs
    - Oxford heated grips
    - Puig touring screen
    - Near new rear tyre (approx 2000kms done last week in Tassie [-o< )
    - New chain only 4000kms old
    - Always parked under cover

It's been excellently maintained by Brett at Mad Biker for everything other than its first service. As I've always wanted it in tip-top shape before heading away on trips, it's had two additional services over and above what's recommended in the handbook. It starts first time, runs beautifully and has only really started loosening up in the last 5000kms or so. Test rides are OK, I wouldn't buy a bike without riding it either - but I'll come along on another bike and if you drop it, you buy it.

It's booked in next week for a service and a RWC, so the buyer will have do nothing other than put fuel in it for 6000kms. That's about it - so now someone buy her so we can both ride new bikes for the rest of the summer =D>=D>=D>

edit: Bike now has current RWC and is freshly serviced.

Any questions or for additional photos, PM me, email me at halogen (at) netspace.net.au or call 0430 247 844.

Cheers,

Mark

Attached Files:

2. Two more pics.

Attached Files:

3. Price drop - $6100

4. Bike now has current RWC and is freshly serviced.

5. Big price drop - $5400 ono

If you or anyone you know might be interested, let me know quick or this will likely be traded in the next week - make an offer better than the stores it might be yours.

6. Bike has gone bye bye.

7. lol. nice :)
    now pick up the new one fast and come riding!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.