Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] 2008 Suzuki GS500 (LAMS)

Discussion in 'Archived' started by Widget, Dec 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Guys,

I'm selling my 2008 Suzuki GS500 motorbike, purchased from Netrider back in early 2013, and it's been fantastic, has never had a problem, and has always been serviced (by myself)... though it currently needs new tyres.

This motorcycle was purchased and registered in QLD (as a solo seat compliant bike for cheaper registration).

Currently, the motorcycle is Located in Richmond, NSW, but am willing to work something out for interstate buyers.

The bike does have some minor cosmetic damage from a small drop and general use, nothing that affects the overall appearance or mechanical function of the bike.

The motorcycle has always been parked/stored undercover.

- LAMS Approved

- Currently located in NSW, but registered in QLD

- 2008 Suzuki GS500 (naked, blue-black)

- Rego: 878FN

- Registration Expires: 28⁄12⁄2015

- Registered as a Solo Seat (for QLD)

- VIN: VTTBK221300101279

` AGM PowerSport Battery (maintenance free)

- Just under 24###km on the odometer

- Comes with factory toolkit and service manual

- Aftermarket Windsheild, perfect for windy, cold or wet days. Few minor scratches from road debris.

- Ventura Rack + Bag: Excellent condition, no damage. Minor scratches on the rack. Bag is a little faded from use, however, it's in great condition, no damage or tears.

- Oggy Knobs, good condition, minor scratches from a drop.

- Includes 2x keys

Asking Price: $3500 neg

Note: It does need new front and rear tyres.

Feel free to contact me for more information. :)
  2. Hi Widget,

I'm still in the raising funds part of my quest ($2k and slowly climbing) but I have a few questions. Any idea what it would cost to replace the tyres? Since the QLD rego has expired now, will you be registering it here? Do you make it to Sydney very often? I have a car but getting two vehicles home from Richmond would be tricky ;-)

3. #3 Widget, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    Hi wolfe,

I don't travel that far all too often, though where in Sydney are you located ? If you wanted an inspection, let me know and we can arrange a time :).

Rego has been renewed (in QLD) for another 6months (just before xmas).. but can always be cancelled and Re-registered in NSW.

Registration Expires: 28/06/2016

Tyres, I was going to get next week, both front and back. These were the Pirelli Sport Demons (assuming the bike place still has them). Tyres can cost, i guess $300+ (front and back), depending on the tyres you buy, and where you buy them from.

I was also planning on riding it back to QLD to try sell there (after I get new tyres), assuming no-one has purchased it yet (from NSW).

Ill keep you posted on any updates. :)
  4. TBH I'm more looking for a cruiser. I'm a BIG man so I think the legs-forward style will better suit me. I just thought if you were passing by, I might take a peek. Lovely looking bike, I'm surprised you haven't sold it already. Go north, young man!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.