Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] 2007 Kawasaki GPX250

Discussion in 'Archived' started by Samboss260, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Samboss260, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
    Up for sale is my beloved GPX250. This has been and still is an awesome bike for anyone either on their LAMS period, or someone who just wants a cheap commuter.
    I purchased the bike last June from Springwood Suzuki, it was pretty tidy then, and is very very tidy now. Yes, I do have a bit of OCD when it comes to detailing.

Details about the bike;

2007 Kawasaki GPX250
    23,400 kms
    RWC / Safety Cert Supplied
    Rego til June 2013 - BUT WILL BE RENEWING TIL DEC 2013
    Oil and filter replaced at 20,000km
    Front springs upgraded with Sonic Springs and new fork oil late last year, and rear shock upgraded with latest model Ninja 250 adjustable shock. This was to firm up the ride and handling of the bike
    Owners Manual, toolkit and second key all come with the bike

Seriously, this is an awesome bike in very very good condition. In fact, I think anyone will have trouble finding a better condition GPX currently on the market.

Some pics;

This is only real scratch on the bike and was there when I bought it

Bike has not been dropped, and only been used as a weekend toy. Reason for selling, have purchased a bigger bike for when I get off my LAMS period next month.

Price: $3,200.00 ONO
  2. I can vouch for that, Sam is a fastidious owner and the bike is in perfect condition, better than when he first got it. Good luck on the sale Sam!
  3. So apart from Hong-Yi's comments (thank you and that wasn't necessary) no other comments?

Comments on price? Condition of bike? Price taking into account bike condition?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?
  4. Wow.... Tough going selling a LAMS bike these days.
  5. I sold my 2006 with 40 k on it for $2700 in 2 days. I paid $2500 for it 6 months before, does that help?
  6. Price drop - $3,450
  7. Price drop again.... $3,350.

Seriously thought that a bike in this condition would have gone by now. But no offers or anything.
  8. Price drop and will be renewing rego for another 6 months. I thought LAMS bikes were supposed to be easy to move!!
  9. Everything sells if the price is right, the market is down not up and that will be reflected in what you buy as well. Choices...stick to your guns and be prepared to wait or keep dropping the price till it matches what people are expecting to pay.
    That's my take on it FWIW
  10. Yeah I know Mcsenna, question is where is that point. If your bike was 40k km's and was 2006 and you sold it for $2,700, then what do you think a fair price for my bike is?
  11. Mate I think what you are asking is fair, the problem is you just haven't found a buyer at that price, maybe the magic 3 is the problem. It really all boils down to how long you want to wait and what you will settle for.
    Work out what you would settle for realisticly if someone fronted with the dosh and add a bit for negotiation (maybe 5%) is what I do.
    But hey its your bike, your call.
  12. Sold !!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.