Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] 2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000

Discussion in 'Archived' at netrider.net.au started by aokman, Oct 10, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well I have decided to sell my beloved baby as I need to divert funds into a house deposit soon and its not getting ridden much anymore frown. My original plan was to keep it as a collectable but times change. I would rather see it go to a good home than some random on Bikesales.

This is a bike that needs no real introductions, it is quite simply the best GSX-R 1000 ever made, some would say one of the best supersport bikes ever made. Featuring a very light weight (166kg dry, feels like a 600) and a crazy powerful engine with massive torque right through the midrange. Look up any review on the K5/K6 and you will only hear glowing reviews.

I am a very OCD about these things and spent quite a bit of time and money ensuring everything on this bike was fresh and up to scratch... Been a brilliant bike for reliability, never had an issue with it as you expect from Suzuki.

Modifications:

HM Plus Seamless Shift Quickshifter
    K&N Air Filter
    Yoshimura Slip On
    Valter Moto Rear Sets
    Billet Levers
    Fender Eliminator

Recent Maintenance Items:

Fork service / seals replaced (Done at 28,000)
    Oil / Filter change (Done at 28,000)
    Coolant change (Done at 28,000)
    NKG Iridium plugs (Done at 28,000)
    Valve clearance check (Done at 30,000)
    In tank fuel filter (Done at 30,000)
    Fuel injectors cleaned and flow tested (Done at 30,000)
    Yoshimura tune cleanup on factory ECU (Done by Platinum Motorcycles)
    Clutch wave washer mod for consistent clutch feel (common on K5/K6)
    All recall campaigns complete
    Fuel tank polished / bike protected by Cquartz ceramic sealant
    Titanium headers refinished

Bike includes all original parts such as stock titanium silencer, levers, rear sets, fender etc. Will also include a free rear stand as I won't be needing one for quite a while.

Bikes overall condition is excellent for its age, only issue is that it was lightly dropped on its left side in a garage about a year ago which scratched up the left side fairing a little bit (mainly where the stickers are). You can easily replace that panel or just the decal if it bothered you as they are cheap these days. Despite this, this is probably the best condition K5/K6 you will find. It took me a long time to find one.

Brakes a good, tyres are good. They are Michelin Pilot Power 3's with a 190/55 on the rear and were replaced at 27,000.

ODO: 31,373
    Rego: EV996
    Rego Expiry: Feb, 2017

I am happy for inspections but test rides will not be offered unless you are fully licensed and you have the entire amount to leave as a deposit. You crash it, you buy it.

Price: $7500 without RWC

I am happy to do a RWC on it if you are not comfortable doing it, however the price will go up as I need to take time off work and refit the stock exhaust and fender.

Thanks for looking!

AB0_W7464_Edit.

AB0_W7476_Edit.

AB0_W7469_Edit.

AB0_W7527_Edit.

AB0_W7482_Edit.

AB0_W7499_Edit.

AB0_W7502_Edit.

AB0_W7510_Edit.

AB0_W7532_Edit.

AB0_W7472_Edit.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nice bike.
    Are you saying it only has rec reg?

3. No it has full registration, I asked Vicroads some time ago about it and they said its fine as long as its not registered as for fleet / business use. It is the same process with how I buy all my bikes as I have always done my own RWC.

Like I said I am happy to do it but it won't be free as the buyer might know someone who will RWC with the Yoshi pipe and fender as is. I don't have those sorts of contacts and I am pretty busy to take time off work and refit parts.

4. Bike is now sold, thanks everyone for looking :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.