Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] 2006 Kawasaki ZZ-R250

Discussion in 'Archived' started by Whipster, Jan 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Whipster, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
    ** 17/01 price dropped! **

PRICE: $2,749 CONTACT: Mike via forum PM or 0408 010 683 LOCATION: Victoria Park WA

Hello Netriders! This is my first post for a little while, and regrettably it is to sell my beloved ZZ-R250 (ZZR-250, ZZR250). I am moving overseas so this bike must go! Don't hesitate to contact me with enquiries. I will also have gear for sale which I'll advertise soon - PM me in the meantime if you want details. Cheers, Mike.

Fast facts:
    • 248 cc, 4 stroke
    • Parallel twin
    • 29.8 kW / 22 Nm
    • 148 kg
    • LAMS approved

This ZZ-R250 is in excellent condition! Perfect learner bike or daily commuter. Only two owners since new, looks fantastic. Has only just had a major service, currently registered till March 2015, tonnes of tread left on the tyres - she is good to go! Come and have a look now, you won't be disappointed. Has done 21,520 km.

Perfect low-cost commuter or daily ride for many reasons, including:
    - huge 18 L fuel tank plus very low consumption means you get 400 km to a tank
    - genuine Ventura luggage rack included, with large Ventura luggage bag to match
    - aftermarket Oxford heated handlebar grips to keep the chill away during winter
    - aftermarket HEL stainless steel braided brake lines for additional stopping power
    - fully faired bike means heaps of protection from the elements during wind and rain
    - Pirelli Sport Demon dual-compound tyres give perfect balance of grip and longevity

This is an outstanding bike, very user friendly and perfect for learners. There is a reason they are one of the most sought-after learner bikes of all time. Kawasaki reliability and plenty of power means that you might even want to hang on to it forever - I have owned this bike since 2008, and never saw any reason to upgrade, it is perfect for city slicing!

Of course it is not all about the practicality. This is a great-looking machine, especially for a 250, and fits in well with newer bikes. She has plenty of performance, there is a reason Kawasaki have sold so many of these parallel twins - they just keep going and going. You could have plenty of fun whipping this lightweight, high-revving machine around corners to your heart's content, if that's your thing.

Bike has never been involved in a crash and has always been well looked after - all recent service receipts are available. Responsibly ridden and never thrashed. Has never been raced or used on a track. Mechanically this bike is in A1 condition, and it is running beautifully.

See below - this post allows me only eight in total. I have another dozen or so showcase photos. Serious potential buyers, please PM me and I'll immediately make the other photos available to you!

_MG_4645. _MG_4647. _MG_4649. _MG_4650. _MG_4653. _MG_4656. _MG_4662. _MG_4670.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.