Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] 2006 Honda VFR800

Discussion in 'Archived' started by majestic, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 majestic, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
    Item: 2006 Honda VFR800
    Item Condition: Super
    Price: $6000

Finally I've accepted it's just not worth owning this any more. I've had it for two and a half years now, purchased from user Tonee. I barely ever ride it. I think I've ridden maybe 2000km in the entire time I've owned it.

All my moto friends have either stopped riding or moved to another country so I just don't use it any more.

Aside from a few minor scars that you'd expect of a bike this age, it's in great condition. It's never been crashed to my knowledge.

Despite never riding it, it's still been serviced every year by Pete at Everything Two Wheels.

It's due for another service now but you could probably let it slide given that it's probably done 100km in the last year. I put a new battery in it last year too.

The only mods are:
    - the Staintune exhausts that make the V4 engine sound fantastic. They have removable baffles (using a 4mm allen key) so you can pass a RWC easily.
    - Speedohealer that's been calibrated with a GPS so the bike's speedo readout is actually accurate.
    - the windscreen is a custom made replacement using the original shape and a dark tint (it's not fitted in the pictures below).
    - Techspec tank grips (not pictured)

Also included is:
    - an Oxford tank bag
    - spare double bubble touring windscreen
    - the original parts that have been removed, such as rear pegs, grab rails and I think the original brake and clutch levers.

Odometer is currently at 23132km.

The bottom end of Redbook prices is $6700 so I think this is a good deal for a VFR800.

I'm pricing it on the low side because I want it sold.

And for an extra $100 I'll throw in some Kreiga luggage that's only been used twice.

2. Nice looking bike and a good price. Hope you sell it quick.

Always sad to hear a rider leaving the fold though.
  3. What a looker.....

I love the old viffers.....very underestimated

4. Thanks, I reckon they look great with no rear pegs but you don't see that much.

Don't worry, it's only temporary. Eventually I'll find a bike that turns me on.
  5. Oooh....nice bike. Sorry to read you don't use it any more.
  6. WANT, but my partner says no. :'(

Yes, I'm a pussy.
  7. Spotted this last night on OZ-VFR, asked MY missus too, and she said no too

It's a sparkler, I hope you get a buyer who'll treat it with the care it deserves....
  8. Nice looking bike.

Best of luck for the sale.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Such a great deal! Especially with luggage. From the comments, it must be a bike for single men only..:)
  10. Just updated the original post with new pics. The original ones were a year and a half old so I thought I'd put up some current ones, just taken this morning.

And a current odometer reading. I still love looking at this bike.
  11. If not for the colour (admittedly black does look great) I reckon I'd take this off your hands.

Good luck with the sale :)
  12. #12 Jabba, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    majesticmajestic I can't send you a PM mate. I'm interested in checking out your VFR.

13. I've sent you a PM.
  14. Sold.
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.