Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] 2005 Kawasaki GPX250R (Ex250f)

Discussion in 'Archived' at netrider.net.au started by NoOrangeLeft, Jul 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 NoOrangeLeft, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    UPDATE: I have cancelled the bike rego as of 15/07 and will be selling it as is, unregistered without RWC, at a reduced price.

NOTE: You cannot test ride an unregistered bike on the road. You can, however, get an Unregistered Vehicle Permit (UVP) from VicRoads for the purpose of preparing the bike for registration in Victoria for around $40~$65 depending on the permit duration. You only need the VIN/Chassis/Engine number & a credit card to apply for a UVP online. For more information regarding UVP see here: Link

This bike is LAMS approved. It needs some work done to get RWC. I don't know how much it will cost but have listed items requiring attention ASAP at the bottom of the ad. It has been serviced regularly (I have kept all receipts and the Owner's Handbook). I am also giving away a bunch of other stuff for free with the bike sale as I do not need them anymore with the bike gone. Happy for anyone to come check the bike out if you are interested. Free items and details of the sale are as follow:

General & Sale Details:
    Price: $900 o.b.o. (negotiable)
    RWC: No

Rego: Unregistered. Ex Rego CY920
    Body: Sport Touring
    Odometer: 73,388km
    Owner's Services Handbook: Yes
    Owner's Manual: Yes
    Engine: 248cc, 4-Stroke, 2-Cylinder, Liquid-cooled, DOHC
    Last Serviced: 07/07/2015 at Sixty Degrees Motorcycles

VIN/Chassis Number: JKAEXMF1X5DA16390
    Engine Number: EX250EEA17848
    Colour: BLACK
    Make: KAWASAKI
    Compliance Plate Date: 07/2005
    Year Of Manufacture: 2005
    Learner Approved Motorcycle (LAM): Yes
    Transfer Dispute: No
    Further Tech Details on Redbook: Link

Giveaway Items (refer to photo):
    - (1 x near new, used once) MOTUL C2 Road Bikes Chain Lube;
    - (1 x new, 1 x 50% used) FW1 High Performance Cleaning Wax;
    - (1 x new) Low Odour Kerosene, for chain cleaning;
    - (1 x near new) M2R Riding Boots, size EUR-44 UK-10 USA-11.

Items listed by mechanic that require attention ASAP:
    - Chain and sprockets are badly worn and need to be replaced;
    - Rear tyre punctured by a nail, cannot be repaired and needs to be replaced (nail still in tyre);
    - Front brake pads need to be replaced;
    - Fork seals are leaking and need to be replaced.

Photos:
    IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Put the ad on gumtree and within an hour boom! scammer who work with New Zealand Oil and Gas (NZOG) wants to buy my bike.

If any of you is selling bikes, cars, or boats beware:
    Link to whirlpool re: the scam

3. Whenever the "buyer " asks for money then it is a scam.It is YOU who wants the money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ive been trolling with those email and phone scammers just for laughs. They waste my time, I'll waste theirs.

Anyway goodluck with the sale. Shouldn't be hard for you to sell your gpx250. I'd consider it but still waiting on some funds :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. What's the point of working on an oil rig and earning trillions of dollars a year when no-one will take your money when you offer to buy things?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Exactly my rule of thumb: Unless I wanna buy something from you, you ain't getting any $ from me.

Thanks. It's been with me for 5 years, sad to see it go. Also can't afford to fix it before selling cuz of the relocation. Perhaps time for me to upgrade to a litre bike after I am done relocating :D

Ha! Think about those oil rig workers who actually want to buy things online... urgh how frustrating!

7. Latest Update: I have cancelled the rego. Selling without rego & RWC at reduced price.

8. Update: Bike sold. Admin please lock and archive thread. Can't seem to figure out how to lock my own thread though the sticky says I can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.