Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] 2004 GSXR 1000 track bike

Discussion in 'Archived' started by Moyston, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Been thinking last few days that I may put the trackie up for sale. Ive got 4 bikes and lately been really hammering into the enduro side and looking at probably putting a bit more emphasis into that.

The deal...I have a 2004 k4 GSXR 1000 that has done 14077klms. It was a write off (which still can be registered) but it was mainly fairing and levers etc, which have all been replaced.Have all the pics to show what condition it was in when it was delivered to my house.
    That was over 3 years ago and its done prob abt 5 track days per year since. Its never crashed since Ive had it, and I don't want to have another day on the track just in case. So now is the time to sell it .

The bike is all black and pretty much mostly stock apart from the following -

it has full race glass fairings.
    power commander
    crash knobs
    zero gravity screen
    braided brake lines.
    gear indicator
    also fitted with a race fit exhaust ( fantastic loud high pitched sound) about a $1000 i think.

all fluids and oil will be soon changed and all new...
    brand new Dunlop GPRa-11's on ( 1 track day)
    with the bike will also include the following-

a fold away trailer to suit.est $800 and ramp
    a set of good Tyre warmers $250
    whatever spares i have lying around( not much)
    one of those rear wheel tie down braces.
    all tie downs to suit.
    front and rear stands
    im sure there are a few other bits but cant remember off top of head, but will check and update.
    the bike is in good nick..no mechanical issues, starts first time, no smoke no problems, etc...no rattles, bad handling etc...
    All in all as a full set $6500 ...is ready to take away and ride same day...no probs..no splitting , but as i type this im reckoning that i will regret selling....
    so if your wanting to get into a track bike plus get all the gear ready to roll...then this is it...
    Im just testing the waters so if interested , PM ...but just quietly..im in no hurry![​IMG]

Ive just updated . Went out just now..put new battery in. Bike has not been cranked over since march this year. Started first time, and idles on 1000, so prob needs a little tweak as from memory, needs to idle around 750 or 1200 cant remember. Have also altered klms to accurate ...
  2. Damn - sounds like a decent deal, especially for a noob like me that wants to get more into track days.

Too bad you're in VIC! :(

3. Don't let that stop you.

It's easy to get a bike inspected and or transported.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.