Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] 2004 Aprilia Tuono RSV 1000

Discussion in 'Archived' at netrider.net.au started by scsaxott, Dec 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello all,
    Urgent sale of this beautiful Aprilia. Has to go by the end of the year.

Video of the bike running:

2004 Aprilia Tuono 1000 in immaculate condition for the age. There are small marks here and there as you would expect from a 10 year old bike. From a meter back it looks like new and has never been dropped or crashed
    Sold with current roadworthy certificate and rego till March 2015

Fitted with eibach rear shock spring.
    Fully adjustable suspension front and rear. Fitted with a larger rear sprocket.
    Just serviced. Tyres, chain, sprocket all excellent.
    Comes with the manual and 2 keys.
    Italian and super reliable..best bike i have ever ridden. Any questions or to arrange inspection call 0415 561 027. First to see will buy,

Free delivery within Melbourne area. Interstate buyers welcome but transport at buyer's expense.

A bargain at $6500

aprilia 1.JPG aprilia 2.JPG aprilia 2.JPG

Attached Files:

2. Ok 6200. This is way too low but it has to go. Bike is in reservoir melbourne. cheers scott

3. Forgot to mention is fitted with a Leo Vince aftermarket pipe. Sounds awesome. Also have the stock pipe

4. Gotta be patient mate, bike market can be very slow at times. Good luck :)

5. Yeah thanks for that. It is slow these days it would seem. Just don't want the roadworthy to expire and have to go and get it done again.

6. Roadworthy expires on the 2nd Jan so dropping to 6k.

7. Reason for the sale?

8. Reason is partner doesn't like the pillion position and we are doing trips together this summer so changing to something that she likes better.

9. What are you going to get? I've got an '06 V-Strom 1000 I'll be putting up for sale any day now if you're interested (he said, for the past six months straight :p )

10. Hi Mate, interested in the bike, sorry if I missed that from your post above but couldn't see the KM's it's done?

11. Bike has done just over 33k is in great condition. The roadworthy expires on the 2nd Jan so I'm dropping the price to 5600

12. Has to go. 5500 if picked up today :(

13. Did Yamaha City try to beat your price down?

14. Hehe, I'm feeling a bit stalked Ned!!! What the.....
    Spot on offered me 5k but I just couldn't do it.

15. Yeah, I was on my way to Peter Stevens when it caught my eye out the front of the shop, it certainly stood out amongst the other bikes! I can vouch that it sure looks to be a nice bike Scott and good that you didn't let them steal it from you for 5g. I'd be very surprised if you don't have a buyer before the end of the year ;) A lot of bike for not much buck, good luck with the sale and the purchase of your next ride, hope to one day hook up for a spin :D

16. Thanks Ned. I hope you are right about a buyer. Spin would be ace

17. Hey, Ive seen your bike advertised elsewhere and almost called you, just came to Netrider to have a squiz and here it is again! so you've done all the regular maintenance stuff right? oil and chain, servicing etc. I was looking at an SV 1000s or Firestorm, I rode the sv thou and thought that was good but yours will probs be heaps better. Are you doing test rides? I need something I can commute on in the city everyday and ride on the occasional long trips. Sold my z800 got no wheels I have the money need something asap. I was just a bit apprehensive as I dont know much about buying used Aprilias in terms of service costs and reliability..Now ive seen you are on netrider I m more inclined to think its been well looked after.. s it easy enough to ride tamely for the weekday commute?. I am just down the road in Fairfield if you can give me any more info im very interested just need to organize a lift with my friend out to you one day to look at it.

18. Hey Wheels, thanks for the inquiry. I have had this bike for a grand total of 3 weeks. I bought it from an elderley guy in portsea who had 8 bikes all immaculate and yes he kept it serviced. The fluids were done just before I took if off him. Stupidly I didn't ask him for the receipts. It has definately been looked after that is very clear but yeah not by me and hard to prove. It runs and rides perfectly. I have done less than 1000kms since I bought it. Why would I sell? I had an old monster before this and thought I'd try something new. It's amazing to ride but I'm about to do some touring with my partner and she can't stand being up so high on the back of this thing so I need to buy a bike she's comfortable with. The reputation on these things for reliability is very good and in terms of riding easily in traffic it's great. Smoother and easier than the monster I had. I have been getting some calls now that I've dropped the price so much so don't know how much longer it will be going might want to get in quick. A guy said he might come in the morning but to be honest I've had a lot of very vague buyers and been stuffed around heaps on ebay. When I took to the dealers today they were very impressed, they test rode it and offered my 5k. I can't go that low. Feel free to call me to discuss 0415 561 027. Looking for a quick sale. Cheers Scott

19. Hey Wheels, thanks for the inquiry. I have had this bike for a grand total of 3 weeks. I bought it from an elderley guy in portsea who had 8 bikes all immaculate and yes he kept it serviced. The fluids were done just before I took if off him. Stupidly I didn't ask him for the receipts. It has definately been looked after that is very clear but yeah not by me and hard to prove. It runs and rides perfectly. I have done less than 1000kms since I bought it. Why would I sell? I had an old monster before this and thought I'd try something new. It's amazing to ride but I'm about to do some touring with my partner and she can't stand being up so high on the back of this thing so I need to buy a bike she's comfortable with. The reputation on these things for reliability is very good and in terms of riding easily in traffic it's great. Smoother and easier than the monster I had. I have been getting some calls now that I've dropped the price so much so don't know how much longer it will be going might want to get in quick. A guy said he might come in the morning but to be honest I've had a lot of very vague buyers and been stuffed around heaps on ebay. When I took to the dealers today they were very impressed, they test rode it and offered my 5k. I can't go that low. Feel free to call me to discuss 0415 561 027. Looking for a quick sale. Cheers Scott

20. have no idea why that posted multiple times

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.