Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] 2002 SV650S

Discussion in 'Archived' started by Stormtrooper, May 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Stormtrooper, May 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013
    Howdy guys,

My brother has decided its time to move his trusty steed (something about getting old... no time to ride :D) and asked me to put up an ad for him.

The bike in question is a 2002 Suzuki SV650S, in Canary Yellow (or Australia Gold if you prefer).

Its ticked over 42,000km and is still going strong. For those of you not familiar with the bikes, its a 650cc V-Twin with a beautiful sound, and the 2002 model is what's known as the curvy one running carbies. If you have a look on SVDownunder (www.svdownunder.com) there is a heap of information available, as well as a strong following for this great bike.

Being a 650, its a logical step for those just getting off restrictions as its not as powerful as some bikes. Punted the right way though and they're extremely quick through the corners and are a heck of a lot of fun.

Some work has been done on this particular model.
    At last count, this included:
    Yoshi TRS Exhaust
    ZR-10 Rear shock fitted (standard practice to improve handling)
    Emulators and heavier oil in front forks (again, its all about handling!)
    Fender eliminator (ok, this one is more about looks!)
    LED indicators
    Double Bubble screen
    Crash knobs
    Re-jetted carbies
    Ventura Rack (bag is being kept, sorry)

Tyres are at 70% front, 30% rear (rear will get replaced when the RWC is done). Sprocket and chain have done around 1500km.

This is a beautiful bike that has been well looked after so if you're looking for something a little bigger to step up to that isn't crazy powerful, and has had the important work already done, take a look. Bike is located in Bendigo.

Front on 1. Side on 2. Side on 1. Toward front 1.

Looking at $4.5k with RWC

Any questions, let me know. Btw, should mention that price is negotiable!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Apparantly a 50mm prime lens (my knowledge of photography is stuck back in 35mm SLR time...)

Price drop - $4.2k.
    This is a great bike for the price. Anyone that has ridden an SV can tell you how much fun they are.
  3. +eleventy.

Gorgeous engine, heaps of fun and a steal at that price. You're essentially giving it away :p
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Offers considered! (provided they're not too crazy :D)
  5. I'd take it if my electronics would hurry up and sell! might been keen in a couple weeks, shopping around. Especially if the price keeps dropping! :p
  6. Hey there. Is your beast still up for sale?
  7. Hey Yum,

It is still up for sale. Given the way the weather has warmed up, I've been half-tempted to grab the bike myself :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.