Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] 2002 Honda VFR 800

Discussion in 'Archived' started by photoaffinity, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002 Honda VFR 800 (vtech), with Sargent seat, power commander 5 and Stiebel air horn.
    asking $4900, located in leichhardt.
    It runs beautifully and would make a good bike for weekend blasts or some touring. I took it down to Phillip Island for the GP last year and it was flawless. it has been my commuter since then, up until the wife let me buy my bonneville.

Very easy to manage power and lots of torque, so it would be a good bike for someone coming off his or her P’s and looking for a nice comfy upgrade.

This has been my main transport for the last couple of years, and put a lot of work into making it as smooth and reliable as possible. It was reversed into last year and knocked over, so the insurance paid for the new fairings, lights and other cosmetic parts. there was no mechanical damage.

The bike comes with a nearly new Sargent Seat! This is worth about 400 by it’s self and only has a few hundred km on it.

New Konica Minolta fairings - including a plastic tank cover and a seat cowl.

Power commander V and autotune module
    New clutch plates and springs
    Valve check and adjust and suspension rebuild done recently by trooper lu's (with receipts)
    New iridium plugs installed at this time as well
    New fuel filter (Ryco Z14)
    Includes the common main and sub-harness fixes for the well known charging issues on VFRs
    Voltmeter in the dash
    Fused Main and Accessory circuits
    USB charger
    Stiebel Air Horn (loud!)
    Silicon vacuum and water hoses all round
    K&N air filter
    New aluminium pegs all round
    PAIR Block off plates
    O2 eliminators
    Billet aluminium levers- adjustable, with quick break points.
    Rizoma bar ends
    Baracuda mirrors
    Clear lights all round from a 2006 model
    Double bubble screen
    Vanity plate "02 vfr"
    Ram mount installed in the stem
    Comes with a pile of extra accessories (not fitted), including: De-baffled stock exhaust. Luggage rack and soft bag, Soft tail bag (goes on the seat), Spare oil filter, The original PAIR valve system that was removed for the power commander, The original 02 sensor that was replaced with a wideband sensor as part of the power commander install, Some of these pictures show a two brothers exhaust. i'll include this if you pay the full asking price (and mention netrider)

Although it’s at around 99000km, these engines are known for their reliability. The valves have been done recently so you don’t need to worry about them for a while, and all the hoses and vacuum lines have been upgraded to silicon as well. it runs almost as good as a new one.

Rear tyre is nearly worn out – you’ll need to replace it soon. Plenty left on the sides! Some expected wear and tear from the bike being 12 years old! T
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.