Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] 2001 Honda CBR929RR Fireblade

Discussion in 'Archived' started by SAMB, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Up for sale is my 2001 CBR929RR. This bike has been my pride and joy for nearly two years. I bought the bike with around 35k KMs on it and now I'm just about to crack 60k on it. The bike has been meticulously looked after by a number of trusted mechanics - 60 Degrees, E2W, Mark Rees (RIP) and a couple of oil changes done by yours truly. This bike has been my daily commuter as well as my weekend toy. I won't say all of the normal, stupid things people say ie " hasn't seen rain", "hasn't been thrashed", etc. It's a superbike. It's meant to be thrashed. Well, it was ridden to the best my ability would allow. I have a most of the service history but as I have done some of the servicing as well as a friend I don't have documentation for all of it. The bike will come with rego paid until the end of October, 2013 and a RWC. The bike was just serviced by myself at 58k. Pads are new, front and back. Chain and sprockets were done about 5k ago. It'll have a brand new rear disc on it as well as a brand new Pirelli Diablo Rosso on the back - both needed to pass roadworthy.

The bike has the following mods:

- double bubble tinted screen
    - aftermarket indicators, front and back
    - newish (1,000 kms ago) front Diablo Rosso II
    - brand new rear Diablo Rosso (never ridden on)
    - ss braided HEL lines, front and back
    - genuine Pazzo levers (approx. $200 alone)
    - Scorpion slip on muffler
    - Oxford heated grips
    - newish chain and sprockets -1 in the front +1 in the back
    - Speedo Healer to account for above gearing change
    - K&N air filter
    - genuine Honda tool kit + manual

I love this bike. I really do and will be sad to see it go but I've just bought myself a 2011 HRC Blade and I can't afford to keep this one as well. A great, bulletproof bike. If you don't know much about them then do some research. Light, fast and pretty cheap I reckon.

Test rides welcome with proper collateral. Located in Altona.

*does not include Ventura rack/bag*

2. Top bikes the 929, very visceral experience riding them.
    Lots of bike for not much money, good luck with the sale mate.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.