Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] 1998 Yamaha Zeal

Discussion in 'Archived' at netrider.net.au started by AngryAnt, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 AngryAnt, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
    My first bike, a reluctant sale but with three bikes in the shed it has to go! Great learners motorcycle with classic naked looks. The Zeal was made between 1990 and 2000 and was mostly grey imports from Japan. The little four cylinder engine lacks torque down low but when you hit 6000rpm it takes off! I've ridden this bike in the twisties and it has kicked the butt of many a bigger sports bike. This was on the WOVR in about 2001 but has had several owners since, has a straight frame and handles beautifully.

It's a great little all-rounder, narrow and quick for commuting, touring or the twisties, upright comfortable position. The seat height is quite low so good for female/shorter riders. I put about 25000km on it in two years and it never let me down.

As a bike of this age and condition it has knocks and scrapes so don't expect it to be mint condition. SInce I've owned it I've added a beefed up rec/regulator as the old one wouldn't charge the battery adequately, a common fault in Yamahas of this period.

It's just had a full service, head gasket replaced, oil and filter changed, valve clearances checked, a new front tyre, so it's good to go. Rear tyre is near new, chain and sprockets near new. All electrics working. Good brakes.

Tank has one small dent and a scrape, engine and muffler have some scratches, bike needs a good clean also which I'll try to do this weekend. Like I said, it's not mint but if you want a good bike to learn on and it doesn't matter too much if you drop it, this is the bike for you.

For Netriders, $1800. At this price I'm selling without RWC but can get one for an additional $200. Bike is in Williamstown north - licence and deposit required for a test ride. Rego til August 2014.

I've also got spare used boots, jacket, pants, gloves and helmet which I can throw into the deal for free if they fit you - so as a new rider you can get bike and kit for the one price.

Any questions please ask.

240346_10150200928172190_1995486_o. 2013-12-31_11-22-03_300. 2013-12-31_11-22-45_764. 2013-12-31_11-22-14_658. 2013-12-31_11-22-19_279.

2. selling old faithful Ant? shame but a great start up bike for someone.. good luck with the sale buddy.

3. Thanks Goddie! I've had a few nibbles from Gumtree, will go on flea-bay in a week or two if it doesn't shift.

I'll miss the old girl *sob*

4. Bike sold! Thanks for your interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.