Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] 1998 Toyota Rav4

Discussion in 'Archived' at netrider.net.au started by MV, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genuine 1998 Toyota Rav4, 5 door manual. Has been our family car for the past 8 years.

Major service completed at 230K including new cam belt, new water pump, new fuel filter & valve clearances. We bought it from a dealer at 110K, Oil & oil filter & air filter changed every 10K, has been a very reliable daily drive.

5 good tyres, spare is a Michelin, has been on a couple of time due to punctures, but very little use. Front brake pads replaced about 2 months ago, very little use since.

We have bought a new family car so this is surplus to requirements. While we where saving for a new car, this developed a problem with 5th gear, sometimes it will stay in gear, but usually it slips out, I have done some research & it is either the thrust bearing, which can be accessed via the front left wheel well, or a replacement gear box, refurbished units will cost around $550.

Currently registered & driven regularly, but registration & RWC is not included in the sale.

Car has been replaced, I have neither the time, money or inclination to fix it, my wife is currently looking for work, so a quick sale would be best for us.

Things to note:
    Slips out 5th gear.
    Damage on the left rear door after fight with concrete pillar in car park (concrete pillar won...)
    Some clear coat failure on r/h side rear panel
    Various stone chips on the bonnet
    Interior condition is rough, kids, dogs, drunk fiends... You know the deal.

Please check the pictures & ask any question you may have, the car can be viewed in Altona North most days, just let me know.

I will post some pics tonight, thanks for looking :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.