Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] 1992 Honda VFR400R NC30 (LAMS)

Discussion in 'Archived' started by al.ramsay, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 al.ramsay, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    image. image.

Now listed as a LAMS approved bike as of May 20th, but please confirm this for yourself.

I have just completed this bike and have added;
    * new tyres
    * new lithium battery
    * all new seals including fork seals
    * wheel bearings,
    * fluids including fork oil
    * full carb rebuild including boots
    * triple tree
    * new fairings in Rothmans colours and matching tank

I have spent a lot of money putting it back to "as new" and I am sure this will now serve well for years. This means that it starts first and every time and runs just as a v4 400cc sports bike should.

Comes with a spare tank and a Haynes workshop manual. The same key matches the tank, ignition and seat release.

No test pilots - Test rides - at my discretion

For sale @ $5380 cash. I would like to sell purely to get some money out of it to complete my other bike.
    Happy to assist interstate buyers

Attached Files:

2. Looks great
  3. Damm... Wish you were local, id love to trade my ktm motard for this.

maybe if my bike goes I'll be able to grab this before it's snapped up.
  4. Thanks. That was the choice of my pics, but will get around to sharing more this weekend

I had a couple of trade offers, but in a similar position that I would have to ship either mine or the trade bike from elsewhere. Look me up if your bike goes.
  5. I feel I should point out that although these things have 40hp less than the 750F, they're also ~50kg lighter and the top speed is only 30km/h lower. The R models (in the 750's, at least) had some significant differences from the F's, with the overall result being much leaner and trackier.

I can see a few people overlooking this thing due to its 'small' engine size. It is very much a mistake to do so. If you want a crazy good mid size bike, a 400R really should scratch the itch.
  6. nice love the single sided swing arm
  7. If the ADR rules weren't such an ass, I would import an MC28 NSR to match. Contemplated changing my MC21 to single side but instead, will try to find an MC28 in Aussie for sale.
  8. What a beautiful bike! And the paint scheme is just amazing.
    Good luck with the sale.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Thanks for checking it out.
  10. #10 Blueyy, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
    Grr soo keen to get this. I'm amazed it hasn't been snapped up yet.

Might have a look at shipping anyway, and see if I can pick it up before anyone else does.
    or even fly over and ride back...
  11. I had hoped that it would have too but I guess the time of year is playing against this. Also, the fact that it is, for all intensive purposes, the same as an RVF except not on the LAMS register goes against it. It's that middle ground and only people in the know, understand the potential and fun these bikes can be.
  12. mmmm grew up smoking rothmans in my teen years....flavor country right there....
  13. Just think, add this bike to your garage and it will help you relive those memories every time you walk past?
  14. If only i didnt have 3 bikes in the garage already!

Nice bike man.
  15. surely there must be room for 1 more? Its only small and doesn't take up much room, doesn't drink much and makes friends easily...
  16. Mate, there is plenty of room. Its just hard trying to squeeze the extra rego into the budget!
  17. #17 al.ramsay, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014
    How about if I paid that for 12 months? It will have to be changed over anyway...:whistle:

Open to trades if anyone is looking at this bike.

Anyone with an RS/RGV/NSR 250 or Ducati Monster 400/600 - needs to be registered/rideable etc. to similar value
    Anyone with a ride on mower and trailer plus cash my way if someone has one they want/need to sell
    Anyone that is a mechanic that could service my Pathfinder, supply and fit some new tyres and cash my way for the balance

Just a few options... [​IMG]
  18. If you are still interested, I would be open to assisting with the freight or the flight? :D
  19. I'm still interested, and my bike is looking like it's sold.
  20. Cool. Let me know if you want any more info
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.