Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] 1989 Honda VT250 Spada

Discussion in 'Archived' started by dialagranny, Nov 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 dialagranny, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
    1989 Honda VT250 'Spada' (was $2000)
    (LAMS approved)

A magnificent bike purchased three years ago, it has been registered to myself for almost two years. While it has only had occasional use I've never had any problems with it. Ask anyone who knows bikes - a Spada is the perfect first bike.

The fuel tank has a couple of dents from when a previous owner dropped it. One of the first things I did when I purchased it was treat the area for rust - the dent is now stable, not oxidising further and can be bashed straight and/or repainted if you are feeling keen. Personally I was always expecting to drop it myself, so never bothered.

There is similarly a small crack on the rear fairing on the RHS. This isn't particularly noticeable but I understand how some people feel about cracks in fairing. Both the tank and fairing can be inspected more closely in the photos.

For those interested in checking the bike out before committing to a visit, please feel free to watch this short video of the bike being started. Note that there is a little bit of camchain noise, which is to be expected with a twenty year-old bike. This in no way affects the performance, safety or roadworthiness of the bike - it's just not worth fixing on a bike only worth 3 or 4 thousand dollars.

Registration has just been renewed and is valid until November 2014. That's a full year of registration, thrown in! I will also give you a USB stick containing a PDF softcopy of the owners and service manuals - these things are difficult to track down and are so incredibly useful.

I no longer possess my Ls and never went for the full licence, so am unable to ride the bike. As a result organising a roadworthy is a little difficult, however I can guarantee that the bike will pass roadworthy, and will happily cover any costs associated with obtaining this.

VIN: 6T91MPV97R1XKC001
    Engine #: MC201012418

Please contact me if you have any other queries.

Video: http://youtu.be/AbM5fqFYW1c
    High-Def Photos: http://www.dialagranny.com/ebay/

EDIT: Bike is located in Box Hill South.

mod edit-huge font removed
  2. Nice looking bike. The link didn't work for me, it goes to an eBay preview page.
  3. Thanks for the heads-up jrh001, I appreciate it. Links fixed.
  4. No interest? I can include an Oxford motorcycle cover, and drop the price to $1800. A reminder that registration has just been renewed and is valid until November next year!
  5. This bike wouldn't still be for sale by any chance?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.