Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sold] 1988 Honda VT250

Discussion in 'Archived' started by phwahh, Sep 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 phwahh, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
    Hi All! It's time to sell my Spud.
    Good condition, has been super reliable for me as a daily over the last two years, starts first go every time, serviced every 6000KM. Flawless all the way to its 13,500RPM(!) redline. Physical condition is good and certainly beyond par for a 25 year old bike. Tread on front and rear tyres 80% (Front Pirelli Sport Demon / Rear Michelin Pilot), fork seals and fork oil, front brake pads, oil filter and oil just replaced (Castrol Activ).

Only mods are an aftermarket exhaust (Great volume and note), bar end mirrors (can supply original) and some wrap on the exhaust headers.

Perfect LAMs bike, lots of fun, with the same reliability and rideablilty as the VTR250 with more power and an extra 6th gear.

Location is Sydney, however this bike is suitable for VIC buyer or for parts in NSW (would be a shame to part this bike out), as the bike was imported from Japan to VIC and unable to be registered in NSW without an expensive engineering certificate due to lack of compliance plate (Other states may vary). VIC rego is not a problem, just get a RWC and away you go.

I will throw in bike transport to Melbourne for interested buyers. Currently VIC registered, expires in October.

Asking only $2100 (including shipping!), quick sale due to rego expiring soon, and needing a NSW rego-able bike due to moving permanently to Sydney.

2. hi there
    have you sold your bike yet?
    i'm interested on buying it.
    Many thanks.
  3. Sorry mate, very reluctantly sold!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.