Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Softer grips

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by lokhor, Dec 27, 2015.

1. I have a Hyosung GD250R (X4R) - the new single cylinder 250cc from Hyosung. I want to make the grips a bit softer and more comfortable as I often get sore hands. I bought some foam grips off Aliexpress that were meant for up to 23mm grips but I couldn't get them on and they just ripped. I have heard of Pussygrips that look like they might fit but not really sure how I can find out.

Any advice is appreciated.

2. Hi lokhorlokhor,
    PussyGrips or Grip Puppies should be fine.
    They would normally expand to fit over 1" bar grips no problem.

FYI, I have large grips on my XVS1100 that I have wired heaters into so they are larger than normal. PussyGrips went over the top of everything no problem.

3. Great, thanks I will try and see if my local shop has them otherwise I will order online.

4. Get yourself a can of hair spray, if your quick it lubes and then sticks them in place. Its basically a water bases laquire

5. Or just harden up!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. or put on heavy bar ends (200-300grams) to kill the vibration (if vibration is the problem)

7. Vibration isn't the problem. It's more just the pressure. I ended up buying some grip puppies from the local shop for $40 NZD. I'll try to install them with detergent and water.

8. I got some pussy grips off eBay for about 15 or 20 bucks or so. Work well for me and at that price it was worth me gambling.

9. I only paid $10 for mine.

10. in NZ or Aus?

11. Aus.

12. Maybe things are just more expensive here.. I know the bike shops are definitely not cheap here.