Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

soft luggage for a GPX250

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by helent, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Hi all
    I am looking for recommendations on soft luggage to suit a GPX 250. I am a complete newbie at all this so don't even know where to start! But I am probably looking at a sort of mid-sized tail bag - I don't suppose I will be doing much touring on the GPX (at least not at the moment anyway!). I also like the look of some of the smaller tank bags that incorporate a clear map pocket on top too (very useful) but certainly wouldn't want anything too big up front.

I asked at the dealers where I bought the bike about luggage (before I even knew about tail and tank bags) and all they offered me was a rack with a bag to go on the rack. I don't really want a rack fixed on the back of my bike unless it comes off pretty easily when I don't want it. So I also tried a local accessories shop and asked but the assistant looked a bit blank and showed me all their empty shelves and said they didn't have much in at the moment (great - thanks for your help!).