Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

social networking: start the kids early!

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by twainharte, Feb 4, 2008.

1. so, was reading my daily rag when i came upon this article.

tragic, sure, for those affected but what caught my attention was this: "...a social networking site similar to MySpace or Facebook that is geared toward young children and preteens..."

WTF!?

seems to me it's just another convenient portal to attract advertising dollar.

the world really is going nutz!

:shock:

2. More like an even better portal for the kiddy fiddlers.

Whatever happened to going outside to play and make some friends?

:)

3. Just get them used to sharing all their personal data young. That way all the future surveillance goons will have an easy job building their databases.

Go for a position on that football team, apply for a firearms licence (which will probably be eradicated in the not so distant future), visa application or job interview. You life's history is etched into the system for all to apply 'behaviour' algorithms to assess you suitability.

Great medium.

4. They're profiling you right now propilot. They know that you know too much already. They're coming. Quick, erase everything on your hard drives.

5. Yeah, because now that I'm in my late thirties I'm still so totally into all the things I was mad about at seven years of age.

6. When I was 7, all I wanted to do was go out and ride my bike .. 30 odd years later .. umm ..... things haven't changed much :grin:

7. Funny about that.

8. When I was 7 I had a girly looking bike and no-one would take me seriously, now I have a Ducati...... Oh FFS!! :oops:

:wink: