Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

So why do you ride?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by zenali, Jul 20, 2010.

1. A good video called Welcome To The Ride that shows many faces of motorcycling. I actually think this kind of thing would be a good way to boost the image of motorcyclists over here.

2. Not bad.

If you're after boosting image though I think a movie more along the lines of On Any Sunday might be the key. I can watch that movie now and it still gives me the 'vibe'.
  3. you got a youtube video of it?

i don't like downloading stuff like that
  4. #4 zenali, Jul 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Here you go - [URL="]youtube link to Welcome To The Ride[/URL]

The quality isn't as good, but you get the idea.
  5. you beat me to it.

can watch On Any Sunday over and over again without getting bored of it :)

6. riding is my escape from real life for a while, its my drug of choice!
  7. Great clip, makes me happy to be part of the riding fraternity. Why do I ride? Just because I likes it. (lots)
  8. In the 70s as a student it was all I could afford RD100 (I think) and I had to.
    In Y2K as a trainer, better economical position 1000 GTR, and I was allowed to.

It is a way to get all the shit out of your head because you cant ride and be "miles away".
  9. Why i ride?
    I have been riding since i was 3 and now it comes more natural than anything! except maybe breathing... that is a handy thing..
  10. My work places me under regular stress of high demands and challenges. When I ride, I can enjoy different types of challenges, enjoy the feeling of freedom and experience ass-clenching speeds closer/lower to the ground.
    The feeling of leaning a bike over is graceful, rewarding and satisfying to be doing all these things, with little or no pressure or mass lives to be concerned of.
    Heck, a motorbike's instrument panel/seating area is also referred to as a 'cockpit' - I feel right at home !
  11. I ride because otherwise what would I do with these frickin' motorbikes?