Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

So who's going to church for Christmas?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by pvda, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Yes, I go often

2. Yes, only for Christamas

0 vote(s)
  3. No, not this year

0 vote(s)
  4. No, weddings & funerals only

0 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not me.

Weddings & funerals are the only time you'll find me inside a church and no my own one either.

My last visit was for a Catholic funeral of a motorsport friend of mine in Benalla earlier this year.

Mind you I've got a Catholic Father and a Prodestant Mother so I never could work out what I was supposed to be anyway :wink:

EDIT: Good no one noticed the spelling mistake in the thread title
  2. u forgot easter and christenings
  3. yeah, that's right smee, what my old dad used to call Hatch, Match and Despatch. Christenings, Weddings and Funerals

Hornet family?

Sunday? In church.
    Christmas Day on a Sunday? Double the reason!
  4. No. If god was real I may.
  5. If He IS real and He IS in the church you'll miss Him if you don't go.....
  6. nope he is everywhere.
    the church is just a building where people congregate to worship en mass.
    One doesn't have to go to church to worship or appreciate.
    The body is the temple remember?
  7. Merry Christmas, smee, wherever it may find you :D
  8. Same to you and yours (going to midnight mass tonight cos the missus is catholic)
  9. And with a new infant to wake you up a couple of hours later? Erk, not pretty!
  10. id never get out if i did
  11. nah hes good
    sleeps the night through
  12. I am celebrating in the House Of Greg (Soon to be a registered religion :p)

Have a good Christmas All.

13. For those of you who appreciate such things, the ABC is presently showing (as in RIGHT NOW) a small orchestra and chorus rendition of Handel's Messiah. Don't miss it of you can.
  14. Ch9 is showing the Carols by Candlelight at the moment.
  15. what is wrong with that man hornet? has he been checked out by a doctor? :shock: :p
  16. LOL... :LOL: Now thats funny! Never heard it described that way! Can I steal your phrase Hornet? Its a classic!
  17. By all means do so, I don't think it was his original (although I must confess I've never heard it elsewhere!)
    Merry Christmas!
  18. I like it as well
  19. I always preferred Metallica's "Leper Messiah" myself. ;-)
  20. Each to his own, but I strongly suspect that the older work will still be being played in a couple of hundred year's time.....
    Merry Christmas
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.