Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

So, who is the happiest Netrider today ???

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by doonx, Feb 17, 2006.

1. That'd be ME !!!

Why ?

Cause today is the day. Today I pick up my new bike !!! WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

I have walked the long road of bike inspecting, of test riding, of getting the feel for the machine. I have toiled and searched, I have rung the sellers phones, I have found new addresses, I have seen rubbish and I have seen beauty. I have ridden the wild untamed beasts that roam our land, and finally I found her. The majestic stead, the goddess of the Iron Horse, the Queen of all that it 2 wheels.

Today, I bring home the exquisite, the enigmatic, the honourable, the purely gorgeous and royal VFR800Fi ....... see Mouth, I told you you were wrong, you forgot the Fi at the end :p

I have lured this fair pegasus into my fold, she is but very recently 5 years young, and has only cantered her way through 24,500 kms of the black bitumen. She is a virgin as she can be and she is MINE !

Oh what fun Sunday will bring .............. :grin::grin::grin:

2. Now that's a bike and congratulations!

Regards, Nick
  3. Congrats on the new bike :)
  4. well that's bonzer. Congrats dude.
  5. Noice!!!!

Very cool dude. What colour??? Where are the pics??
  6. Very nice indeed. Enjoy your riding this weekend. :grin:
  7. Grats Mate.
    Now clean up that drool
  8. won't be after you've had your wicked way with her!!
    oh... does she have a sister? I want a VFR800Fi too!! :grin:
  9. good stuff mate
    dont forget pics speaks more then words and also need the positions *riding* :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
    also this is my 200 message
    so its happy day for all of us
    have fun and hope it dosnt rain on sunday
    :) :)
  10. Verrry coool bike :cool:

Only 15 months and then I can upgrade, did I say I was jealous? you bet :p

Have fun see you on the road
  11. Have fun riding in the rain buddy :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The wild beast will buck like fu.......!
  12. So Doonks, will you and your new mistress be joining us at Southbank tonight?
  13. She's a Honda RED Viffer, and had she been Blue, it would have been beyond perfect, however, the pristine condition she's in, more than makes up for the simple colour.

I have never seen, and I mean this, a 2nd hand ANYTHING in such pristine condition as what this bike is. Mouth cam up with me last Friday night to look her over, and we both had a run on her at King Lake. She has been lovingly cared for. Then I took Tam back up there on Sunday so she could have a look, and thats when we struck the deal for a mere 8½ clams.

As I said, I pick her up tonight, thus, pictures will come over the weekend.

Oh the joy !
  14. I am being driven to Panton Hill by a friend who lives 5 minutes away. She and her hubby have asked me to come see there new house afterwards and have a bite, I feel this is the right thing to do for her kindness. So, whilst I wont be sitting there for hours (read not wanting to wait any longer than necessary to ride her, the bike that is !) I must at least be polite. If time permits given the ride back from Hurstbridge to the city, then yes, I will drop into South Bank, but I feel this wont be until 8:30-9:00 or so. Nonetheless, I will be at Monday Coffee on her :grin:
  15. what about the bike? not gonna leave it alone on the first night!!?? :shock:
    wheel her into the lounge room of their new house? :grin:
  16. I like your thinking RR ;)
  17. Congrats, Pete, so cool to see you graduating to a bigger bike, and about to enjoy all the as-yet uncharted mysteries of what they can do..

So what's for Lunch?? VFR-800Fi. Today and every day :grin:
  18. Looks like a run to Daylesford, or Bendigo via Castlemaine, or perhaps the Mansfield and Mt Buller is on the cards for Sunday. The weather is for early drizzle in the South, clear in the North improving through the day.

19. Congrats Doonks. woo hoo!!

Enjoy :wink:

:grin: :grin:
  20. nice one mate, just been on bikepics.com checking out your new steed, very hot looking bike.

are vfr's v twins or inline four's? (i haven't looked at them much in the past)