Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

So WHO is fightng for "OUR" RIGHTS"?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by T2, Jun 22, 2005.

1. If we are not carefull here, we could quickly loose many of the advantages of riding a motorcycle..... :evil:

Who the hell, is REALLY doing anything about looking out for "US " as group????? :twisted:

More to the point, who is getting "us "all together to do something about what's going on!!!!!! :twisted: :roll:

If the registrationn fees, and the insurance fees, and the Citilink fees are the same....."WHERE, OH WHERE" is the advatage in "RIDING?''
  2. I will be riding even if they double the registration, nothing better than the freedom of air around you. :D
  3. That's the spirit :D :D

(nearlyempty makes two)
  4. I'm with vtrsteve, if it was just about costs you'd sell the bike and have only one vehicle to support. But NOTHING is like riding, and never will be; it's healthy, legal and intoxicating, how much more could you want?
  5. If ya say that then you don't understand WHY you/we ride in the first place me thinkus

Cheerus 8)

OK Marty I will go an stand over in the corner now
  6. I just knew there was some Beastie in there. 8)
  7. Give the guy a break. Although it's a small reason, part of the reason I ride is it's cheaper than owning and driving a car. I'm sure there are people with a similar view. But the advantage is being quickly lost with the increases in fees left, right & centre - even fuel economy is a hollow argument in some respects if you compare to to some of the modern diesel or hybrid cars.

It is a shame, and whenever another issue comes up, we're always divided into the: "fair enuff" group and the "dammit, we're getting trampled again!" group. Motorcyclists are kinda like the Labor party has been over the last couple of years: constant in-fighting makes us ineffectual as a whole.
  8. The answer is YOU

Or are you waiting for everyone else to do your bit??
  9. Hello member,

Please be advised of the follwing...

Effective immediately, all VMU Committee of Management positions have been vacated. A temporary Committee of Management has been appointed, who will accept nominations from all members to fill the Committee of Management positions

The following positions are available for nomination..
    Vice President

All nominations will be accepted to the VMU until 17:00 21st June, 2005

An SGM for the VMU to hear all nominations and vote on the elections will be held at Bells Hotel (157 Moray St, South Melbourne) from 6:00pm on 28th June 2005
  10. As a hole I thought the Labor party was bloody good.........best impersonation of a bunch of holes I've seen in some time...... as for the right of road users, car or bike, Liberal, Labor or Beastie Boys Party....they will all screw us..

for as long as we let them..

No dear I'm not talking politics again,
    Yes dear,
    coming Dear...

what about the rights of husbands
    all right I'm coming now!!!
    gotta go
  11. That's the best oxymoron I've heard for a long time...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  12. https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7352&start=30

:D :D :D
  13. That sounded soooo white!! :p

Rock on Brutha!! 8)