Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

so who here is a teacher???

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by tj jockey, May 10, 2008.

1. im a few months shy of finishing my degree to be a teacher... yes believe it or not someone is going to let me loose on class to educate them. just curious as to who here teachers and where. i have no idea what state i want to teach in nor private or public sectors.

ac

2. I tried it - wasn't for me. All the best! Get private if you can, there are no guarantees, but generally better behaved from my experience of various Melb schools as a CRT.

I got Yr 8 little sh1ts at Laverton, Vic for a short time... was offered ongoing full time, but ran the other way instead :LOL:

3. Let's hope you don't teach literacy.

Which state are you in so that we know not to employ you. :p

4. I used to be a high school physics, chem and science teacher, who usually got dragooned into teaching some maths too. Now I work at the University of Queensland, teaching teachers, but I still regard myself as a teacher.

5. My GF is - primary school but had worked at secondary level until recently.

What level are you aiming at i.e. primary, high etc?

6. :rofl: smee !!!

7. Get a masters and go to Finland. They have great pay and conditions for teachers in a world class education system. :)

If you're going into Primary teaching, get someone to proof read all the work you give them. With the above example of sentence structure and grammer, Grade 3 kids will eat you alive. :shock: :LOL: :)

8. funny how everyone trys to correct

everyone trys to correct my first post cause of some spelling or ss issues. it is only a post on a bike forum to see who teachers and where. if you sdont teach freel free not to post something if you dont want to. its really quite simple

9. Re: funny how everyone trys to correct

Did I miss any?

Lighten up mate. You were asking for a quick flame with that post. We can't see that many errors from someone who is about to become a teacher and not have some lighthearted piss taking. You'll get over it. :)

FWIW, I'm a Primary Teacher, though I work in Special. :)

Edit: Yep, I missed the missing full stop. All fixed now. :)

10. Re: funny how everyone trys to correct

trys >>tries :p

11. Re: funny how everyone trys to correct

:LOL: Well done. :)

12. "freel" is not a word either.

13. This is priceless :grin:

14. if you cant do it, teach it. :wink:

15. mods you can delete this thread

this isnt quite what i was after. i'll post it on a different website. thanks mods

16. the first requirement in being a good teacher is to be a good learner.....

17. I would offer the well intended observation that, if a dummy spit is your reaction to a bit of fairly light hearted piss-taking on an internet forum, I trust that you have an alternative means of dealing with what a class of unruly 14 year olds is likely to dish out :grin: .

18. A thick skin, endless patience and a good sense of humor helps too. :wink:

19. He could always resort to what my year nine maths teacher did, which was to throw a chair through a glass window in anger :shock: :LOL:

20. Re: funny how everyone trys to correct

I'm a 19 year experienced high school teacher.
    I would not have you employed anywhere near my workplace or state.

pssst Seany it's spelt "Grammar" :wink: