Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

So who else got their sandpaper from TAC?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Kamikaze_Kawasaki, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Just wondering if it was all licenced riders or just newly licenced ones.....

2. more information?

3. Sandpaper??? why would they give you sandpaper??

4. i got my sandpaper ages ago, came in handy too, i needed a couple of sheets of 80 grit :D

5. To remove your chicken strips :D

6. you eat them not sand em back....

7. Well, you are supposed to feed them to the road. But if you dont feel up to it, the sandpaper at least makes it look like you care (TAC - helping bikers pose more effectively)

8. I've been riding 8 years...never received anything like that.

:D :D :D

9. got mine a long time ago looked at it, turned it over, looked at it, turned it back over, looked at it, threw it out ........

10. yeah I got my TAC Sandpaper, I thought WTF!?

They said that this is what the road is like when you hit it without gear on... Imagine the lean angles you could get if the roads were paved with sandpaper!

11. pretty shit if it rained :shock: :LOL:

12. yeah you'd be able to see your own reflection in your wet-dry buffed tyres :LOL: :LOL:

13. Plus you'd get a lovely brushed metal effect on the chrome when you binned it :p

14. Hmm I delivered a number of these today... if it went to every one who got their licence in the past 12mounths... than WOW there are HEAPS of new riders out there!!

*out of the 1200 points I deliver to about 20 got them...

15. you are suspose to keep it and polish Mr Bracks car with it .

TAC initative to remind you about not wearing protective clothing.
    all jokes aside you are talking about it and its raised a sort of awareness , so it has achieved its objective.
    If it save 1 rider going through surgery , its paid for all the sand paper.
    good idea i recon

16. [cynicism]
    I would have thought 80 grit sandpaper was smoother than the road.
    [/cynicism]

[rant]
    WHAT A F$#%^#@^%$^ WASTE OF MONEY

ITS NOT ENOUGH THE BA5TARDS STING THE ROADS WITH WRBS AND DISTRIBUTE CAR LICENSES ON THE BACK OF WHEATIES PACKETS (or so it would seem) THEY HAVE THE GALL TO PATRONISE US LIKE THIS?

SACTIMONIOUS PRIX!

[/rant]

I feel better now :twitch:

17. Woot - I just won a copy of the Ride On DVD by entering their competition on the 'spokes' website.

It's a bit freaky, my 3 digit code has the same as the numbers as my bikes rego plate, go figure.

Thanks for confirming that it's only for new riders, I thought it may have had something to do with our $50. It's a good idea if it stops someone from squidding.

18. malissa just got some paper today, must be a yearly thing or something i guess :?

WOW! 60 grit this year :shock: they're really trying to push that message across eh. next year it'll be 40 grit, and the year after that, they'll send out the toilet paper your work uses :LOL:

19. Hey that toilet paper is good (parden the pun) sh!t for rubbing back your panels prior to painting them!!!

20. I just got mine in the mail, along with the code.
    I got my L's in March.

The first 6000 entries (In Victoria) get a free 'Ride On' DVD or VCR - just for entering the scratchie code you get (On the www.spokes.com.au website)

After I submitted my info, it said my DVD was on the way… Cool!