Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

So which bike did I finally buy?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Kurtis_Strange, Nov 23, 2005.

1. :D I got a Suzuki GSXR 600, 03 model with 10k on the clock

Its the same colour scheme as this one http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/047491/

But has after market indicators, tinted screen and Yoshi pipe :) I'll post pics when I get them.

I had to ride this beast of a thing home and now completely understand peoples comments such as "this is not a beginners bike", for me it was the first time on a geared bike in years, and what a bike!

I pretty much shit myself and crawled home under 5000 rpm which caused the bike to get very hot :LOL: , stalled it at every other set of lights and nearly flipped it twice...my wrists hurt like a bastard too.

Well I did want something to grow into, I think there's plenty of growin room there ;)

2. Ha, very nice dude...

Have heaps of fun and take care of her, hopefully shell take care of you too :)

3. Very nice.

It's been 5 min and you still haven't posted pics up :LOL: Don't you know people are waiting.

4. Nice work Kirk, pics and lots of care please!!!

5. will organise pics on the weekend :)

6. Good work....how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking???
    take the strain off your wrists and put most of the weight through your feet on the pegs.

7. pm'd you mate

8. Congrats on the upgrade but find it a bit strange that you bought a bike you are not comfortable on, sore wrists wont go away with more weight on pegs especially around town or long rides if you dont get used to it better look at some change in bars

9. he may just have to adjust his riding position which will all come in more time riding the bike.

10. nice one, you will get the hang of it quicker than you think. good choice...

11. I've read everyone gets sore wrists when they first get on a sports bike, I've only spent about 2 hrs in total on it so far and already feeling more comfortable.