Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

So this is what I bought

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by sonicbaz, Feb 18, 2006.

1. So after a lot of advice from all you guys and gals reading the forum etc, I finally got my first bike. Being a older (34) starter, I was tempted to go for something bigger and more expensive, but have decided to take the slower scenic route and not scare myself to death, as advised.

I got a 1996 GPX-250R 14500 on the clock, $4300 on the road plus 12 month warranty and then I spent another $300 on a jacket, $65 on gloves and $300 on helmet. I also get a free advanced rider training course.

I am getting the little windshield replaced for around $130 as the one on it is ugly. Apart from a bit of a clean and polish the bike looks ok.

Pics taken with my phone;

I have 2 lessons over this weekend then Q-Ride next weekend, and I will be commuting to work by Monday week.

Once again thanks for all the help and advice, couldn't have done it without all the help.

ps still want a zzr-600 or a gsx-750R, but maybe in 12 months. :p
  2. Congratulations :)
  3. Congrats man, just picked up my first bike recently and just want to be left alone with it so I can ride it around for ages! :) Great bike to learn on the GPX .... So i've heard anyways.
  4. nice one mate, the gpx will be a sinch to learn on and will keep you happy for some time before you need to upgrade :) have fun
  5. good looking gpx.. but agree with you on the screen :)
  6. Congrates on your first bike :grin: . it looks nice and clean.

Have you taken it for a run yet?
  7. Well done, I like the colour :)

purple wheels are abit iffy :LOL:

Go the kwakas :)
  8. Actually I don't have my license yet so no, but I did sit on her and start her up. Revved her a few times, checked for smoke, seemed ok. Restarted her after a while to make sure she started first go. My instructer said I made a good choice.

I will be able to ride her next Saturday once I have my Q-Ride certificate.
  9. Hello fellow mature age learner! Any bike that runs is a good bike. Have fun!

Regards, Andrew
  10. Nice one Sonicbaz, well done and have fun! :grin:
  11. Great to see you on two wheels mate, Your bike choise is a good one.
    How many of your mates can ya talk into getting into it with ya, before they get much older & miss out on valuable time
  12. good on ya 34 isn't too bad a time to get riding u rnt as silly as the younger fellows
  13. Congrats on the purchase sonicbaz!
  14. Congrats on your purchase.... are you looking at getting a different style screen or just replacing the current one with a different colour?
  15. Good one sonicbaz

FWIW I reckon you made the right choice going with a lower powered bike first.

You do realise your now hooked? it gets into your head this riding thing... worse than drugs (or is that better than drugs?).

16. sonicbaz

Nice bike

and a WED WONE (red one :shock: )

now don't they go faster :LOL:

the blue/purple decal can hide your sparx :grin:

very nice

Enjoy :moped:
  17. Well done once you buy a kwaka you will never look back :grin: :grin:
  18. Congrats on your new steed.

Enjoy your riding and stay upright.

19. congrats on the bike

stay safe