Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC So... TAC ad happened IRL... and guess what?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by 176OES, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As the title suggests, the new TAC ad... unfortunately it happened in Victoria a couple of nights ago when a 60's couple decided to do a uturn on the Nepean Hwy in front of a bike.

article: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/rider-killed-as-car-attempts-highway-uturn-20120516-1ypng.html

Guess who the copper blamed in the TV interview?

interview: http://media.theage.com.au/news/national-news/motorcyclist-killed-in-uturn-crash-3299499.html

I'd gladly be charged with assaulting a police officer if that was a member of my family that died and he is making comments like that implying blame wholly upon them

What an insult... blood boils just watching it
    • Like Like x 16
  2. Firstly 50 points for spelling ad right in a thread title, few have managed it so far.

Fair dinkum....that is depressing on so many levels.

I'm really starting to believe that it is legal to delibrately ram motorbikes in Victoria.
  3. They better come out with proof that they were speeding (by a significant margin) to get away with his comments.
  4. So again, no mention of the car's failure to give way at all and it blamed squarely on the rider's speed. Of which they have presented no evidence of and the only witnesses are the two 60 year olds who never saw him in the first place.
  5. Saw his comments yesterday. I find it disgusting that even though it is clear how the accident happened and the poor guy lost his life, he decided to give a lovely little speech about how they have tried everything, ads, campaigns, blitzes and nothing works. Hmm well maybe its because they are focusing on the wrong issues....
    • Like Like x 6
  6. Complaint made to Vicpol (yes, I plagiarised a bit from another site as my own opinions, but I could not have summed it up better myself):

"Comments made on television fresh at the scene of at accident prior to the conclusion of accident investigation that imply that the motorcycle rider was the at fault party.

Interview here for your reference:

I am disgusted beyond words that in the same breath as announcing this fatality, that Inspector Tynan has condemned the rider in an accident where the car clearly failed to give way with absolutely tragic consequences.

This shows an complete lack of consideration to the family of the deceased and to the safety motorcycle riders in general by failing to put any focus on the responsibility of drivers to look and give way.

I would like to see the immediate suspension or resignation of Inspector Tynan for his grossly inappropriate conduct in blaming and vilifying the victim of the accident prior to the conclusion of crash investigations."
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Interesting....

...that's twice in a week witnesses have said speed wasn't involved and the police have.
    • Like Like x 7
  8. i think its time to start a "pull your heads out of your asses ride"
    clog up the main roads into the city doing 20km/h (cause speed kills). should work,
    mabe an endpoint out the front of tac headqurters
    • Like Like x 29
  9. They would probably dismiss his remarks because only police have the qualification to judge the speed of a vehicle, well that's speculating but wouldn't surprise me.

Police make such BS statements once the media hit them, i thought they received training on how to approach the media, they do no favors for themselves
  10. #11 smileedude, May 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    I wouldn't exactly trust the validity of an anonymous Web comment as an eye witness.

But even if he was speeding excessively the fault should still lie completely with the u turner. Its a dead straight road at night with a headlight ffs.

11. Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. It hammers home the point that there's nobody who'll look after yourself but yourself, for those of us thick enough to have not picked up on that.

Surely the flat earth society that encompasses vicpol & the TAC will one day be headed by a modern day Eratosthenes & the speed kills bs will be exposed for exactly that?
  12. I'm in disbelief. What utter garbage!
    Hope something...anything come from this.
    I feel for the family totally.

13. The Ministry of Truth has decided that riders always speed even if we dont so we are at fault. If you they get their minions to repeat it enough it becomes true.

We are at war with Eastasia, we have always been at war with Eastasia.
  14. You right I don't, but i look for patterns.

Very interested to speak to this poster or the witness if anybody digs them up.

Considering they all make these statements I'd say they're instructed or expected to. Whichever one has plausible deniability when the time comes.
  15. Indeed. At what point did it become acceptable to use people's death for political gain?
  16. As soon as politicians started serving themselves, not the people they're supposed to represent. [-(
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Not sure about the rest of you but my sit around and talk about this fuse is getting very close to having run out!

FFS I am at the stage where parking the bike at the end of the Eastern locking it and just walking away is looking like an option.

Edit - not stop riding just to piss of the morning traffic I would get the bike back.
  18. TAC headquarters are in Geelong, could make for a nice convoy down the freeway...
    • Like Like x 2
  19. ^ even better if we stoped half way for a cuppa and parked on the road !for 20/30 minutes.
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.