Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

So my pipes burnt a small hole in my Hornee jeans

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by ralph, Aug 8, 2009.

1. I have put new exhaust onto my crusier about a month or 2 back.

I pulled up at the lights the other day and burnt my leg slightly on the top bit of the pipe... when i got home i noticed a really small hole from where the jeans were burnt from the heat.

2 questions. Do other crusier riders have this issue?? i am real careful where my legs go and have only had it happen once, but still it put a hole in my $300 jeans which id rather would have avoided.

Do i really need to buy new jeans now, or given this is under my knee, its really that big of a deal??

thanks for the input :)

2. If it didn't damage the kevlar, I'd just continue to wear it.

That said, sunlight exposure weakens the kevlar, so if kevlar is showing through the hole, know that it'll become a weak spot over time.

3. My jeans are a bit rashed but the kelvar is fine so I still use them.

I'd either get some exhaust heat wrap and put it around the area that burns you, or fit a heat shield plate if possible.

4. It wouldn't take more then a few days of hot sun to burn through hornees anyway.