Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

So I'm finally back on the road...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by pete the freak, Dec 2, 2005.

1. So I got hit by a cage in June, wrote off my Spada, crushed my foot.

Got a new bike late September but due to me being on P's, didn't think it was worth shelling out big $$$ for a LAMS bike I'll prolly sell in 9 months, so I went and spent $1400 on a 20yo SRX that didn't start. Clever I know...

Well anyway, after 2 months of trying to fix it myself, took it to Lloyd Penn Motorcycles and they fixed it up no problems. (Was the starter motor, NOT the carbie. D'oh)

So I rode to work today for the first time in 6 months, and it felt fooken great!!!!!

I'm a bit surprised at how nervous and out of practice I was, but hell, a couple of weeks superglued to the saddle will fix that!

Just thought I'd let everyone know how good it feels to get back on my bike...

Had to ride past the site of my crash for the first time by myslef as well, that was a bit weird, heightened sense of self preservation does wonder to wake you up in the morning...

Anyhoo, just reminding everyone of the pure joy of getting on the bike...

Waaaaaaaahoo!!! See you on the black top...

2. Welcome back Pete

3. Congrats on getting back on the road.

I'm not green with envy. Really I'm not.

4. Glad to see you back in the saddle Pete :D

5. Woot Pete - Congrats :D :D

6. Congratulations - well done! :D

7. woo hoo!!

Cheers
    Lids
    :D :D

8. coooooool!
    we'll have to go for a ride sometime!

9. Hey welcome back!!

and the realy funny thing... I saw a fairing for the SRX at the wrecker today... and rememberd there was some one looking for one!! was it you???

10. Goood stuff Pete, ride'em cowboy

11. Hey Pete,

Good To hear you have got yourself back together and back in the sadle.

Soo envious of you right now. just wish i could even sit on a bike. (or walk) so i give you big props for not only getting yourself back together but by getting straight back in the saddle and haveing the nerve to go back past where it happened. i bet it was a big confidense boost after you had rose past the sight.

:D