Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

So I'm confused about this St-kilda bollocks

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by ibast, Dec 23, 2010.

1. When it first broke I chose to ignore it. Another football player behaving obscenely is hardly registers on the radar.

Now they are suing a teenage girl! WTF!

Not only that we have St Kilda's representative demanding she attend court via email??? Can you do that these days????

I wouldn't be showing up unless I had a subpoena in my hot little hand?

Then she said she was going to report to the Police. Why???

And why TF are they suing in the first place? They are just nude photos. Is he that ugly without his gear on? has he never been nude before.

Now the judge has refused an order to destroy the images, until she is in front of him, which is exactly right, although he prevented any further publication of other images without her presence and without her being subpoenaed.

So I don't know what the phuck is going on.

If I were a St Kilda sponsor I'd be withdrawing funding. Clearly they have gone mad.

2. It certainly is a strange story, really poorly handled by everyone concerned.

Yes there is precedent now for summons to be served by electronic means, Email, Facebook etc.

3. Wow. I learned something. But them issuing, rather than the court?

And the obvious question is; how do they prove you've been served?

4. Apparently some of them were showing a bunch of w-nkers (literally) :)

5. I believe the 17yo girl stole them off a private computer (don't know who owns it) she then published them on FB...I'd say it's a case of defamation or something.... I feel sorry for the players, major public embarassment caused by some dumb-ass teenage girl who hadn't a clue of the repurcussions...

6. It can't be that hard (to not take potentially damaging photos), surely.

7. I take your point, but...
    I know there are NO photos of me out there, having a w8nk, or being eaten by a dog, or having a spit roast, cause I have NEVER been in those types of situations, and hence never had a photo taken of me doing it. FFS can't these guys keep their gear on for more then 5 minutes? You don't have to have your dick in your hands all day, wondering where you are going to put it next.

8. It will be issued by a court but initiated by a Civil action by the club, the court then decides it will need to see the people concerned and issues the summons.

Basically in terms of proof they let the court decide. They issue a summons by appropriate means and if you don't turn up they issue a warrant for your arrest for the crime of "Failing to Appear". If then you are brought in to court you can claim and present evidence that you did not receive the summons but all the court is required to do is take reasonable effort to see the summons is served.

9. Ahh, social networking sites. Every speshtard with issues can get their 15 minutes of undeserved attention and fame.

10. It's caused by players being unable to behave themselves. she was just the messenger.

the owner of the laptop may have a case, but St Kilda are finger pointing and are going to ruin someones life in the process.

If I were her all the other photos would have been published to my friends days before the court order.

[edit] anyway I wont get into an argument about that, I was more stumped by the legal posturing. It's also got me stumped that St Kilda management think they are going to look better by suing a teenage girl.

11. All the newspaper reports are stating that it was St-kilda's lawyers who wrote and e-mail to her father and posted on the social network (I forget which one).

So to me that just looks like St Kilda's lawyers were just bullying her to show up in court today.

12. I'm inclined to agree with paul W. What sort of an idiot do you have to be, knowing that any wrong move will be well publicised, to allow someone to take this sort of photo.

While there's issues around the publication and privacy, I can't help wondering just how stupid some celebrities (and sportspeople) are...

13. The thing is it's their private life...And it's been exposed without their permission...I agree they are high profile people at should behave accordingly in public and on the pitch but fark they should be able to do what they want in their own homes etc...regardless of how weird/kinky/stupid it is.. We could bang on (pardon the pun) about how footy players have too much money, idle time, yes men, groupies etc thrust upon then 24/7...that's another thread..

14. Awww... poor little girl. Poor little victim. Just like a Julian Assange for bogans and braindead morons in general who spend their day reading about the lives of "celebs".

Where are the dumb bitches parents and why are they letting her destroy herself publicly? What is she making a stand for?:LOL:

15.  Top
  16. I feel better about being confused after reading that. So now we are a bit wiser about why she wanted revenge.

Makes me even more dumbstruck as to why St Kilda would be pursuing her aggressively.

17. "Today, the St. Kilda Football Club announce a new major sponsor: Ken Bruce." ;)

18. I dont believe this for one second..... She maintains she took the photos. 2 photos she downloaded to Sam gilberts computer or something and then emailed herself, and the other 19 photos she still has. There was a site I saw last night that claimed they had seen the photos, and they only get worse... and besides, one of the pictures has the guy wanking, why the hell would a male team mate have a photo of that.... doesn't add up...

Hinch has released a disturbing and astonishing read on the situation...

http://www.hinch.net/hinch-says-2010/December/23-12-10.html

I dont believe for one minute that these players are innocent, which is why they are fighting so hard to suppress the rest of the pictures and what have you. But i get the impression the girl just doesnt care, and wants to **** them completely for ****ing her over.

End of the day. She is a girl, a teenager. They are men.

19. so did these guys shag her or what?

is this chicks name/profile out already?

is she hawt?