Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

So I was just riding along... (GoPro fail)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by tempocyclist, Aug 29, 2016.

1. So I was just cruising along at 80kph when....

I managed to whip my hand off the bar and grab it, saving it from hitting the bitumen! Lucky! Then of course I am riding along in top gear with a GoPro in one hand trying to figure out how I'm going to stop. Shoved it between my legs and pulled off the road safely. The plastic mount (a genuine GoPro branded bar mount I'd bought the day before) had sheared right in half, probably due to the KLR's hefty thumping vibration!

It only took a mere 10km of sealed roads to destroy it.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. the mighty kwaka claims another victim - gopro need to sell KLR Rated mounts
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Is it one where there's the u-bracket that has nuts screwed on it to pressure-fit it against the bars? If it is, you may have done it up too tight. It's shitty in any case and good save!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. You sir are a ninja!:ninja:
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. them's biker reflexes right there (y)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Nice skillz!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Great save!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I'm with ST59ST59 great save
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah the genuine GoPro one for handlebars and the like. I'd done it up not too tight and used Loctite blue to stop it from unscrewing. It's just the meaty vibrations from the big single hammering away at it must have been too much! I have a K-EDGE mount on my road bike (pedal powered) that's all metal and totally rock solid so maybe I'll try and make that work next time.

Shame as I recon that's a pretty good view for the camera!

I can neither conform nor deny that... :cool:
  10. tempocyclisttempocyclist - just a suggestion, if it were me I wouldn't position the camera in such a way as to have the speedo or tacho visible.

11. True, but it's a lardy KLR650 so doesn't spend much time breaking any speed limits... :p
  12. If my son hadn't owned a '96 model KLR650 I might believe you.

13. Having been clocked doing 15kph over (got off with a caution, phew) by a police roadside radar last week, I concede to your superior wisdom...