Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

So I heard you like Yamahas

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Linkin, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Hi all,

I live in sydney and have 2 early '90s Yamaha FZR250R's. I had an '08 Ninja 250R but I sold it.

This is my current daily rider, 1991 FZR250R. 3LN3 frame with 3LN7 engine. The CDI / ECU is from the older model, so the newer engine which has different cams redlines at 18.5k RPM instead of the 16.5k RPM it's supposed to. What does this mean? It means it's friggin awesome!! It has more torque down low and it revs to the high heavens. However it needs a new cam chain and the carbs rebuilt, which I plan to do in the next 2 months or so.

eYGkEIF.

This was my Ninja. I added the red hardware for a nice red and black theme. It was reliable except for the starter motor which died. Sold to to buy the above FZR

VbdxQgM.

This is my project bike. Yamaha FZR250R 3LN6, matching frame and engine. It needs less work than the blue one but I haven't ridden it yet, it's at my dad's place in Tamworth.

K7IECin.

bQ6UVIJ.

The old man has a Yamaha FZR250R 3LN3, and a Triumph Sprint 955i. He traded a car for it.

QdDjcbb.

glEWjB7.

My other hobbies include computer games, but that's boring. My more exciting hobby is target shooting. This is a .50 cal round and .22LR target at 50m

3bTmVmF.

A5oiux8.

2. welcome aboard :]

3. Welcome aboard. What's under those covers in the garage?????

4. More FZR's. Between me, my old man, and his mate Brian, we have 5 FZR250R's from 3LN1 to 3LN6/7

5. Welcome to NR..