Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

So I have my learners

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by martz, Jan 21, 2009.

1. I was just wondering what can I do with the learners licence?? Can I actually go off and buy a bike and just drive away, or is the learners only to get me into a q-ride course??

PS: I'm residing in Brisbane.

2. get a bike, stick an L-plate on and ride man

3. are there any limitations??
  4. How do you get your Ls and not know this stuff? Seriously, do they not tell people these things at the course you did?
  5. i was honestly thinking the same thing, wtf?
  6. what about reading the book? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
  7. hey mate in qld u are NOT allowed to ride solo on a 250 or less u must be accompined.. do some training and then book into qride for ur restricted licence..

and for the people outerstate.. you only need to answer 5 general questions about motorbikes to get ur L's then after that u must past Qride to get ur p's
  8. when I got my car learners (multiple choice quiestionnaire) some 8 years ago, I answered an extra 5 multiple choice questions to get my bike learners, and that was it.

so I need someone sitting on the same bike as me?
  9. :WStupid: :WStupid:

:shock: You are joking right? :?
    A little more involved than that in Vic. If that's the only requirement to get your "L's in some states, I'm surprised we don't see more Learner casualties.
  10. Learners are fearless! It's when we realise just how vulnerable we are on motorbikes that our good luck runs out. :|
  11. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I see it, but I don't beleeeeeve it!!!

You may as well have plucked an L plate out of a Wheeties packet! :shock:

OMG, I'm so glad I live in Vic and went through a THREE stage L's course!
  12. Remember in VIC you can ride on your own. Think of our bike Ls as your car Ls. Simple theory test, but you must be accompanied.

To ride on our own, we have to do a more involved course than VIC or NSW riders do to ride on their own.
  13. Well, I'm really tempted to add to the smart comments :LOL: however, perhaps I'll just point you to this thread ( https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36015 ) and suggest you look over the Queensland links .. I would think the answer is in there.

14. u dont need someone on the back.. but u need to be riding with someone who has there licence for the class of macine ur riding for over a year..